Ukraine

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Funny the topic never made it to the forum. Seems like nobody cares. Is it another WMD scam to raise Biden's ratings when nothing happens? It would not shock me. The Ukrainians don't seem to be concerned.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

If it's like the city we live in, nobody really cares, that much anyway, about what happens in the world.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As I said in the Biden thread, it may be mostly a bit of news to distract the populace from what is going on in the country and how bad things are getting. I heard on the radio this morning that the average price of gasoline has jumped 15 cents in the last few days. We really have nothing we can do to the Russians or the Chinese that they care about. If we put sanctions on Russia, they will stop the flow of oil to the West and natural gas to Europe just when Biden is begging the Russians and the Saudis to increase oil productions to make his energy policies not look so stupid. Of course, the Chinese will just stop shipping stuff to the U.S. and the entire economy will collapse.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

If I am understanding correctly, the part of Ukraine that Russia wants to "Incursion" has lot of people who have Russian background. They may not mind being part of Russia again.

ukraine-map_LI.jpg

I'm thinking it's the part from the white line to Russia. So I'm thinking that Biden will let them make a
    "Minor incursion" and claim that. However, I don't claim to have an in depth understanding of the situation.

I agree that it's all a ploy to deflect attention from the deplorable state of the union.

Speaking of which, I wonder when we will here the State of the Union speech?

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

You gotta remember that Hitler got started in the same way with "minor incursions" into places like Czechoslovakia. Chamberlain claimed "Peace in our time" when he gave away part of Czechoslovakia. As I remember, that didn't turn out so well. Weak leaders of major nations always lead to troublemakers emerging and pushing the limits..

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think that last sentence pretty well sums it up. This wouldn't be happening if President Trump was still in office.

7. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

BINGO !!!

Ed Wilson likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Biden will probably send troops to the Ukraine border to make sure the Russians are fully vaccinated and wearing masks before they come across.

9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The only border that matters at the moment is the Ukrainian.

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

That is quite true, @Shirley Martin. The world was pretty much at peace everywhere, but it didn't take this administration long to make that not so. North Korea restarted their missile tests as soon as they knew Trump wouldn't be back, China and Russia started acting up, and the Middle East became very messy all in a year, not to mention the border that was a "crisis" according to the MSM while Trump was in office, but now with child and drug trafficking going on everywhere it is no big deal.

Shirley Martin and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Here’s one of the best historical pieces regarding the Ukraine that I have read thus far. The take I get on the whole situation is that we, the United States, have no business messing in an affair that’s been going on since before WWI.

https://janetpanic.com/why-did-ukraine-and-russia-separate/

Shirley Martin and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

The US strategy seems to be a pre-emptive intelligence information release, so the world is prepared for a typical Russian propaganda and misinformation blitz. To throw Putin off guard. An attempt to correct a mistake made by the Obama administration concerning Crimea in 2014.

This is a good short explanation. A gamble, not without risk.

How the administration is aggressively releasing intelligence in an attempt to deter Russia

"For months, the Biden administration has fueled alarming headlines and surprised Washington with a remarkable drumbeat of official disclosures of previously classified intelligence revealing Russian moves as Moscow masses troops on the Ukrainian border.

Administration officials tell CNN the disclosures have been carefully coordinated among the National Security Council, the intelligence community and other national security agencies in an effort to disrupt Russian planning, blunt the effectiveness of any "false flag" operations and, ultimately, deter military action." (continued in link above)

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Now I see that Putin has between 150,000 and 190,000 troops along the Ukraine border. He has moved his regularly-scheduled missile exercises usually held in October to this weekend. Biden has sent Harris to address the Ukraine border issue just as she did our own southern border, so I'm thinking the Russian troops will just walk across the border and the U.S. government will put them up in hotels or B&Bs throughout the Ukraine. Have they gathered the planes to evenly distribute the Russians over the country? Since our intelligence was so spot-on around the Afghanistan situation, I am confident that this administration has the Ukrainian situation well in hand. The troop numbers appear to be similar to the Allied troops on D-Day in June, 1944.

My real question now is, "Do you have enough candles when Russia shuts down our power grid, wood for the woodstoves in cold areas, gas for the vehicles you need to use when the pipelines nationwide are down" in response to "sanctions" imposed by Western nations against Russia?

14. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No candles here, but I have plenty of harsh language to spew at both those tyrants when they come on TV and whisper some nonsense. It is always people like we have now that get a lot of us killed. Do you know when the Korean War started they shipped the Troops from Hawaii without weapons and cold weather clothes. The 1st Infantry tossed their weapons and ran and they were stripped of their prior service ribbons for the division. In Vietnam they were returned. You just have to be on the receiving end of a cluster party to actually lose the desire to die for those tyrants in DC. I hate to say this but biden has allowed so many enemies in the past year to come in across the border they will start killing and butchering soon. Every last American better have a bunch of guns. Forget about the government protecting us, they are all too busy stealing every dime they can, especially now that their masters are gearing up to start WWIII

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If I could write my own sentiments better, I would but with the exception that the link I’m posting doesn’t say anything about this administration’s need to spill blood and weaken our military, it’s a valuable read.
    Leaders, especially our present leaders sitting in and around the Oval Office do not care about you, me or anyone else other than their own special interests which focus on their own back pockets.
    If it takes having human beings butchered to get what they want, they’ll do it.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arc...t-does-the-us-government-want-in-ukraine.aspx

Ed Wilson and Al Amoling like this.