Ukraine

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They are trying to make all the problems Biden has caused Russia's fault. Informed people know better. All the media, including Fox, are jumping on the propaganda bandwagon and want us in a war with Russia and China. We will be the loser in that conflict. I think China is reluctant to attack Taiwan because of Japan, not the U.S.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

An election is coming up, so they're hoping that people will forget that Biden said, before he was even elected, that oil prices would go up in a Biden Administration.

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

He also said he would destroy the fossil fuel industry in one of the "debates".

4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Who can `stand against the beast of NATO? Plus although I like the Scandinavian since much of my family Scandinavian,they are really liberal and have no boundaries for tolerance,lol. Plus there is some really evil stuff going on and Davos is held there.
    I don't really care what others do long as we stay out of it.

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The Swiss stood against the Nazis, and NATO is nothing without the U.S., whose power and prestige is diminishing rapidly. NATO is a big threat if the U.S. is in there, but otherwise, it is just a bunch more countries for the United States to defend, and as NATO grows, the burden on us increases every year. That was one of the big issues for Trump.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

So do I.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I was going to ask if Trump we need to get out of NATO< because I thought he said something about us leaving. I think I agree with him on that. But not sure because I don't know enough.

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

He was definitely against expanding it further, and he wanted the "allies" to pay the share of expenses they had pledged. I don't think any of the so-called allies pay what they pledged to maintain the alliance.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

"Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has created previously unthinkable changes in geopolitics, seemingly overnight. In this vital conversation, political analyst Ian Bremmer takes a closer look at the global implications of the war, including NATO and the EU’s renewed sense of purpose, the spiral of escalation, energy politics and the significant, potentially permanent shifts in the world order."

What the War in Ukraine Means for the World Order | Ian Bremmer | TED

Nancy Hart and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I have an idea how about letting them sort out their own problems.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Why is it that weapons can get inside Ukraine, but food and water can't? I feel for the people with no food or water and innocents being killed. But we are not that far behind them far as nation going to hell. Meantime I see 1000s of people die every day from the narcotic epidemic we have here.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

He is spouting the New World Order spiel, and maybe it is true in fact. I don't think so, but I have been wrong before. China doesn't worry about being "decoupled" from the West, as it knows we are totally dependent on them for almost everything. Biden spoke of "sanctioning China", but that went away quickly, as even he knows that won't happen. Russia, China, India, and perhaps Brazil could decouple themselves from the West just fine, although Brazil is more dependent on the West than the other 3. It appears that China's dream is coming true--leaving the Petrodollar and getting Taiwan in the process. NATO seems intent on having WWIII, and as soon as they enter the Ukrainian war, China will take Taiwan...unless Japan can stop them. The U.S. military is no longer large enough to cover East, West, and the Middle East. Iran attacked one of the U.S. diplomatic structure in Iraq a couple days ago and the Western media hardly mentioned it. Whether they directly attacked or had a proxy do it, they took the credit and said, "...as a warning to Israel". Most of our allies outside of Europe have abandoned us since Biden was inaugurated, and we are enriching terrorist nations while perhaps committing suicide as a nation. The lecturer spoke of the Europeans committing to spending 2% of GDP on defense. They do that as long as there is a direct threat, but as soon as the threat is gone, they go back to their old ways of relying on the U.S. for "cover". I believe 2% of GDP has been a requirement of membership in NATO, but none of the Europeans have met that goal with the exception, I think, of Poland.

It seems to me that we are being decoupled from the majority of the world's resources and population rather than the other way around. Only time will tell.

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

I tend to agree with this.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Well Yvonne we sure aren't " the cats meow " anymore. And it seems deliberate from the inside.