Ukraine

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

am I just uninformed (I'm not saying I'm stupid @Bobby Cole :D) or dropping a bomb on nuclear bombs isn't very smart??

PS just heard from one of the maintenance guys working in my apartment that they didn't think Ukraine had any Nukes??

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

As Russia supplies most of Europes Gas....... next year might be a Very cold winter for the EU

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

joes got plenty, no worries
    [​IMG]

Shirley Martin likes this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Putin has cooked his own goose this time. NATO alliance has never been stronger. Kudos to Germany. Unrest now among Russian citizens. Anti-war protesters are being arrested in Moscow. It will take some time, but the handwriting is on the wall. Just my opinion.

Ed Wilson and Dwight Ward like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno. Ukraine used to be part of the USSR and as such was involved in the Soviet nuclear program and I’m almost sure that there were some missile and rocket bases set up in Ukraine.

Now, they were supposed to give up any nuclear programs when they separated from the USSR and with that they got some kind of compensation for it but again, dunno.
    Did they REALLY totally give up on any nuclear programs? If it’s anything like Iran, the answer would be no. A little enrichment here, a little there and some black market buying of radioactive materials and you have a program however concealed that it might be.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Clinton supposedly forced them to relinquish their nukes to Russia in exchange for an agreement never to invade from Russia, as has been said above. I still can't see Russia wanting to deal with an armed hostile population. They did it in Afghanistan once and they know how that turned out. They want Ukraine to give up the eastern "independent" provinces and they want to control the government with a puppet regime if they can. The so-called sanctions that the West wants to impose may backfire badly. First, Europe and the U.S. may suffer as much from the consequences of the sanctions as Russia does, both from the energy shortages and also from the food shortages brought on by the removal of Ukraine from the world's grain markets. The "nuclear" option available to Russia (with Chinese help) would be to remove themselves from the American financial markets willingly. The BRICS nations have been trying to remove the U.S. dollar as the world's default currency for years. India might not go along, but China is the big dog in that arena, and if they are willing to accept the losses they would incur from an American default, we would be destroyed in very short order. What if China found a way to embargo the U.S.? We would instantly be without drugs, electronics, and many other things. Biden has been pushing Russia and China closer together, just as Trump was pulling them apart.

It may be that the "little people" in the U.S. and Europe will be the ones who really feel the weight of this.

Ed Wilson, Tom Galty and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Here is the other side of the argument. This is the one you won't see on most of the Western media:

Link

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

A couple of things occur to me. No matter how tough the sanctions, Russia can get help from China. Russia can pay in gold and fewer countries will turn that down.
    Also, the high price inflation we will see was already in the works, even without the Ukrainian war, because of the massive money printing the fed has done, especially in the past year.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    Denise Evans and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Not that my opinion makes any difference to anyone in any major leadership position but it is as I wrote earlier; we have no business messing with either country.
    Both civilian sides want peace and to be left alone whilst the leaders are playing chess and using those same peace loving citizens as the pawns.
    The people of Ukraine didn’t break any agreement or accord….the leaders have.

Let the leaders, including Biden duke it out all by themselves and have it televised via Pay Per View.. Whoever comes out alive gets a stuffed animal and the royalties from Pay Per View and whoever dies gets replaced.

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I think we know who would win if Putin and Biden got into the ring. I think they both would rather send other people's kids to do the fighting...and dying.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Apparently China and Russia have signed an agreement of open-ended mutual support to defy any sanctions put on either country by any other nation or group. That is why I think the West will be hurt more by the retaliatory sanctions than will Russia.

John West, Bobby Cole and Dwight Ward like this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

That could be. Could China be watching, maybe deciding, this would be a good time to take on Taiwan?

Dwight Ward and Shirley Martin like this.
  13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think so.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

That’s kinda my drift.

If the politicians who propose war had to physically be where the wars are, on site and witnesses to the devastation as it is being done then I doubt seriously if any of them would even whisper the words it takes to cost lives.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Except that the politicians making the decision, as well as the elite, won't suffer one bit, and lowering the standard of living for the rest of us is part of the Great Reset.