Up On Your Soap Box

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hedi Mitchell, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Craig, the U.K. reaps a lot of tourist money from that Monarchy you dislike so. It also entertains many heads of state who usually look favorably to the U.K. when it comes to trade, foreign relations, etc. With Brexit now a reality, the U.K. decides just who she will deal with and the like. Which is how it should be.

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I managed to get 95 per cent of me bits this morning - people are crazy 'cos they cause the lack of products on shelves :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole and Lois Winters like this.
  4. Lois Winters

Registered

I am about to go shopping and my local supermarket is limiting 4 items per customer. Wise decision.

Bobby Cole and Patsy Faye like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Absolutely - makes sense to do that, hope we do and soon

Lois Winters likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

It is pouring rain like crazy and will for seven days. My daughter is trying to move from our house this week end. Yikes a mess.
    I am still waiting to hear from a damn doctor what is wrong with me! You wouldn't believe how I have been tossed around on this. Am waiting now for primary doctor to call me and give me some insight on the CScan - since the doctor who ordered the test is on Spring break until March 31st!:mad:
    Am too tired to a actually rant much:(

Micki Pembroke and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Lois Winters

Registered

:(

8. Lois Winters

Registered

I do not like AARP and now Social Security says I am not in their system. Nonsense, I've been receiving my checks regularly. Wonder where they get the people who work for them?

Von Jones and Micki Pembroke like this.
  9. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

Making good use of my Google Nest Hub.......learned what AARP means......did it on the hub instead of going on google search while i'm on here, great for spelling while in the mist of typing. AARP, not sure if we have something called that.

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

ordered grocery online from Walmart,and as usual they were out of things I needed-Sugar of all things. So drove to another Walmart to find shelves stripped in areas., but no sugar! The entire baking area wiped almost clean! i blame the store managers, as they can set limits on quantities as to how much people can buy. Why they are not doing that is beyond me.
    Plus went to pick up my on lone order and what normally takes 5 minutes took almost 25! Could not find my order and the guy -shaking my heading that was helping me-sorry but he has no business helping anyone.
    i am going to be kinder here and assume he is mentally challenged and was the biggest problem. I took my Lasiks and was detained so long,by the time i entered the front door -swoosh, waterfall..could not hold any longer. :eek::mad:

Micki Pembroke and Lois Winters like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When the nuttiness reached Millinocket, they didn't do that, they said, because people would just come in with four or five family members, each buying up to the limit, and it would just slow things down at the checkout counters. I was able to get all of the stuff that I thought I might need, which the stores are running out of, on Amazon, without all of the fuss. As of last night, common brands of toilet paper were unavailable but there was a lot of the stuff made for the dispensers seen in restaurants and other commercial buildings, so I have received or will soon have as much as I imagine I'll need. I don't know how long they can keep up the current level of nuttiness.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well @Ken Anderson, when the first person decides to throw a brick through a grocery store window in an attempt to rob it of some food, beer and paper towels (since the toilet paper shelf will be empty) is when the current level of nuttiness will escalate to a brand new and much more dangerous one.

13. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

How i see it, The nuttiness is just plain nuts.

14. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The world's new 'buzz' word "self-isolate".

Nancy Hart likes this.
  15. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been doing that most of my life. :p