Upcoming Trip To Orlando, Florida!

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ive been back since Tuesday....my trip was great.

2. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

I worked outside and hated the English winters SO

In 1977 when my daughter was nearly 7 I booked a 2 week holiday starting at the end of Feb to America

3 days in New York at the Plaza and just a week after the worst snow storm in 100 years

Then flew to Orlando for 4 days to visit Disney...mind blowing... the space mountain and the Ghost house my daughter loved it

Last week was in Miami temps in the 70s sunbathing on the beach but one day had a warning not to go outside as tornados were forecast, watch from my room the waters spouts the darkness the small ships running for shelter but an hour later down to the swimming pool to sunbathe all the loungers had been thrown all over the place

Never before had experienced weather like that before

Theses days just go to Vegas a couple times a year and in two months will be there for 23 days.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is the last day here.
    Since checkout was this morning, and we wouldn’t be able to leave until after Robin gets off of work tonight, and the room is already paid for; we will probably stay here over night and then head home first thing in the morning. That way we will also miss the going-home/weekend traffic that happens tonight, and can do more of the traveling during the day.
    We are going to go back home along the west coast of Florida and then through the panhandle and into Alabama from there, and back home.
    Most likely, we will be spending tomorrow night somewhere along the way and will get home on Sunday morning.
    Since we came down through Atlanta and central Georgia and then the east coast of Florida, this will be a completely new route that we will be taking as we go home.
    If we see any places along the way where we want to stop, then we can do that as well.
    It has been a wonderful trip for me, and even though I have worn myself out, I have been having a great time, and have seen places that i would never have been to otherwise.
    Robin said it didn’t cost any extra for me to stay in the room with her, and since she gets a food allowance, that would at least help to cover the extra food expense; so she has been able to take me along without it costing a lot of extra money for her.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Sounds great! Bet Bobby can't wait til you get home! :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.