Uploading Photos

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Sifu Phil Bonifonte, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You can use "Upload a File" or you can simply drag and drop it. I had never tried copying and pasting it, but I guess that works too. I don't use Windows, but I expect that there is something that comes with the OS that will allow you to resize a photo. I suggest 800 pixels in width or less, 1,000 at the upper end.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

I have found that if I upload a large pic to the... Upload A File...it will tell me that its too big..
    I usually take all my pictures using the Vega picture size on my camera which is 640 X 480 and i'm able to use the upload file right here.

TOMMY 008.JPG

TOMMY 001.JPG

And you can upload as many pics as you like here too .. and just click the full image .. also I like the thumbnail button for things like this..

4 (2).gif 4e08867ff7967040a3ec39d79e9f4df9.jpg

I also have another camera that takes the bigger pics , 1200 or 1000x what ever it is.. forget now ,but the Upload File will not accept any large pics of that size .. but im able to copy and paste any large pic I see on the net to here..

Ina I. Wonder and Bill Boggs like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

1.jpg
    Click the Upload a File button.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
    Depending on the speed of your connection and the size of the file, it might take a while to upload, although mine are nearly instantaneous.

seniorsphoto-150.jpg

Alternatively, you can simply drag the photo into the reply box, but that's way too easy. You wouldn't feel fulfilled.

Jeff Tracy likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

In the time that I spent on these screenshots, I see you've figured it out, @Bill Boggs, so I think I'll move this post to the thread that is about uploading photos in the hope that it might help someone else in the future.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, good idea.

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I gotta go close the windows. Sand storm coming up.
    sandstorm-165332_640.jpg

7. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Need to resize a picture? or need to get the Direct Code to copy for here? go here > postimage.org <and its free too.. easy to use,, and you do not need to join if you don't want too.. search for it .. it should pop up..

Bess Barber and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you @Bill Boggs for bringing this question up. :) I can hunt and slaughter an animal for transport, dress it out for the freezer, and cook the darn thing, but wrapping my brain around these non financial apps and online functions warps my mind. :eek:

@Yvonne Smith has tried and tried to get these instructions through my thick scull. She eventually showed me an idiot proof photo app called Photo Lab, and after I got over my fear of pushing buttons, I finally was able to apply my posts with a few pictures. :confused:

@Ken Anderson your visuals have help me understand much, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do a better job of it. :oops: I do have trouble grasping the concepts of just how to run around computers and the various usage of the different apps and programs. But, I do have to say this forum has taught me much, and I truly appreciate the patience all the members have used with me. :)

IMG_5219.JPG

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

It might be a good idea to restrict the number of images per post to three or four, depending on how large they are. For some reason, some people have trouble viewing posts that contain a lot of large images. It probably has to do with memory size, which would vary from computer to computer.

There is also the option of posting them as thumbnails, which display in their full size to those who click on them. That's probably a good option when posting several photos.

coffee.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

So it's still okay if you put them in a different post? Personally I don't like thumbnails. Don't know why, just don't.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Now that I've learned really how to do it, have no problems uploading photos. I did it yesterday with that Real Estate Ad picture.

Holly Saunders and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Yes. Nothing has changed on this end. It's just that Frank's photos weren't showing up for everyone, and the only thing I can think of is that there were eight of them and they were large.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    My image guy (servimg.com) has a setting to automatically size the image for forums, 600 px I think. I sized the truck pics down to 320, thinking that might not be a bad idea. They came out larger than I expected anyway. I still do not understand how actual screen size appearance relates to # of pixels. Some images when "properties" is opened are listed only in # of bytes. If open an image using "Paint", it lists the size automatically, and allows it to be changed as desired. Still a lot I don't understand..........
    Frank

14. Ken Anderson

I have always sized images in pixels, and have never adjusted them in inches so I am not familiar with other sizing mechanisms. Here is an inches to pixels converter tool but, since pixels are relative, I don't suppose it's entirely accurate. For the forum, I usually use 800 to 1,000 pixel-widths, and sometimes smaller.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson Thank you! Finally! All I need remember is 100 px is about an inch. 800 then sounds pretty wide for a screen, although as you said, it really can't be totally correct under all conditions.