Us Women's Soccer Will Get Half Of Men's World Cup Winnings For Doing Nothing

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by John Brunner, Dec 2, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The U.S. Women's National Team — which was not on the field this week as the United States defeated Iran (but hopefully watched from the comfort of their homes) — will get half the winnings earned by men's team players — after U.S. Soccer takes its 10 percent — and half of any other prize money the USMNT wins through the end of the World Cup if they continue to win. All because of "equity" and a new collective bargaining agreement that requires World Cup winnings to be pooled and divided evenly between the men's and women's teams.

link

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Well then, they need to keep quite when the transmen play against them. Nothing makes sense now.
    I hate to admit it but ever since women's rights came out in full force we have lost more and more of America's culture and social norms.
    Their children are placed in nursery's, raised by strangers, and their parents waste away alone and oftentimes abused in nursing home's. I have been on both ends of this and glad I met Jake and had the 'luxury' to become a housewife and mother.
    Not saying women shouldn't work but I think it went too far.
    I remember the Virginia Slims commercial in the 60s, yep we came a long way 'baby', now we have as much heart attacks and lung cancer as the men who smoked do and I don't think we are any happier than our grandmothers were.