Uvalde, Texas Elementry School Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Faye Fox, May 24, 2022.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

From a video of an interview with the shooter's former best friend. Anytime anyone kills little kids, they are MENTALLY ILL!

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

He has everything to do with the increasing violence in the USA and illegal guns coming over the border by the hundreds if not thousands every day. While not directly responsible for this killing, his actions have opened many doors for increasing crimes with guns. If he truly wants to stop criminals or the mentally ill from getting guns, he would close the border and build the wall double and have troops on our borders to assist the border patrol. Uvalde Texas is on the border with Mexico. It is no mystery to me how he got these guns.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, so you hate Biden and I do mean the word "hate". But, there are many other things that are contributing to these mass killings he has absolutely no power over.
    It was also stated that the shooter had no criminal record or mental illness. IOW, it's going to take a very long time before we really find out all of the facts.
    Faye, it's already been proven that he bought the guns.

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

And who the hell are you to accuse me of hate? Do you know the difference between disliking and disagreeing with someone and the act of holding hate in one's heart? Apparently not! Hate against another human will eat a person up. I hate what Biden has done and is doing to the USA, but not him even though he is a crook and a liar. I dislike him which differs from hate.

The shooter had no criminal record, but he did have several issues that screamed mental illness and fit the profile of school shooters. All those details are available on FOX news shows.

I witnessed a school shooting when I was in 2nd grade, I was maybe 3 feet away and splattered with blood. I still have flashbacks of that today 65 years later. The gun wasn't the blame, but the parent that didn't have his handgun locked up. The school shared responsibility for not listening to the bullied kid. Boys will be boys was their response. The angry 8-year-old kid suffering mental problems over being bullied pulled the trigger, the gun shared no blame. School shooters are mentally ill, all of them!

Ed Wilson and Hoot Crawford like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, lady, you took the word "hate" much too seriously! There are plenty of people that say the word "hate", like "I hated being in the military", "I hate broccoli", "I hate the traffic I'm in" and so on and so on.

I was only going by what you wrote about Biden. It did sound more like "hate" than "dislike", but if you like the word "dislike" better, so be it. And, people don't always go out and commit crimes just because they say the word "hate".

Heck, wife and I hate (ok, dislike) where we live, both apartment complex and city. But, we sure aren't going to commit a crime based on the word.

There are plenty of folks that dislike Biden, but Trump ruined his re-election himself for pushing the people into doing what they did. But, this isn't about Trump, this is about Biden.

IOW, Biden can only do so much. Him and his staff rely on local law enforcement to handle many things.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Add the fact that the amount of drugs that have come into this country has risen beyond comprehension and then couple drugs and a weapon up with a mind and you have a heavy potential for extreme violence.
    I’m not saying that I know that he was on drugs but at some point he had to have something that twisted and damaged his brain to such an extent as to do something that our natural brain functions won’t allow us to do.

Faye Fox likes this.
  7. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Perhaps what we really have is an enormous amount social, familial and parental failure that precipitates what looks like mental illness.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Exactly. I'm just glad the border patrol agent killed the loser so we don't have to pay his room and board for the rest of his life.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ya just have to get on top of the way Biden and his staff think of law enforcement. He’s behind those who want to defund the police and he’s handicapped the border patrol and ICE.
    He is also behind the blue state governors who are allowing hard time criminals to go free and is also very weak on the criminals who burn and destroy businesses in a protest and to my knowledge, he hasn’t said a word about all the violence that occurs on a daily basis in Chicago and other major cities.

Yet, even now, he’s having some sort of dedication for the anniversary of the George Floyd incident which will honor a drug addicted, gun brandishing counterfeit money passing waste of human life. Unfortunately, he should have gone to prison instead of supposedly dying under a cop’s knee.

Does that sound like someone who backs Law Enforcement?

Faye Fox likes this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The chaos created in our society over the last few years has just amplified an already existing problem that started with breaking down the social structure of our country. The result is mental illness as never seen before. Children have been raised with no consequences for their actions or if there are, the consequence doesn't fit the infraction.

Every aspect of civilized society has been attacked. Unfit parents that the law would prevent from keeping a dog have children that are abused and the only way they get meals or any care is at school. Courts allow these abused kids to remain in drug-infested smoke-filled homes where they can't sleep and are many times sexually abused.

Many children grow up angry and confused. Mental problems develop over the years and finally, they find the courage to take action, but seldom against the ones that deserve it as in this case. From the little that has been made public, this kid had parents that failed him. His grandmother was trying to steer him in the right direction. He wasn't graduating because of his own doings. His delusions told him that his grandmother and the elementary school teachers and kids were the cause of his mental torment. He was made fun of as a kid because he had a lisp. He had one friend that only unfriended him recently when he started cutting his face with knives for fun and other bizarre behaviors.

This kind of behavior should be reported to mental health officials which should have a roster of names that is kept in the sheriff's office and that any gun dealer would be required to check before selling a gun. Since he had never been legally labeled as mentally ill, this record would have been a flag to delay the gun sale until officials could investigate further and determine if he was competent to be a responsible gun owner.

However, this wouldn't have stopped him from buying a gun illegally. There is no easy fix, but getting law and order people back in political office is a good first step. The lawlessness of the Democrats is well documented. Why are we so devastated over this elementary school shooting when young kids in big city neighborhoods that are a result of the Democratic party's housing projects, are being shot daily? Shot by people of their own race. Thousand in the last few years and mostly in Democrat-controlled cities and states, yet this isn't newsworthy.

I think Democrat O Rourke in Texas showed the true colors of his party started by the KKK, when he interrupted the governor's news conference, who trying to inform people what happened and offer help to families and the community during this horrible tragedy. O' Rourke had to make an anti-gun statement. The sorry excuse of a human being, just couldn't help himself. Biden after a fake show of humility, did the same thing when he made it all about banning assault weapons. Why can't these democrats show some respect and offer sincere condolences and resources to help, instead of blaming a firearm and the manufacturers, that required a human to pull the trigger? We know why because they could care less about kids dying as they have shown by promoting violence in cities they control.

Returning our elementary schools to reading, writing, and arithmetic only is also a necessity. History and science would be taught from all viewpoints in Jr. and High school, but would not be graded. Children would be taught to think instead of becoming puppets to an agenda and computer operators depending on computers to solve any and every problem.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

While I am not in favor of the death penalty, I am in favor of self-defense and the defense of others, and if that results in death, so be it. I understand that people do suffer from a variety of mental illnesses and that some people are just plain evil, and if you want to classify evil as a mental illness, I suppose it's a matter of semantics. When someone reaches a certain level of evil, they can no longer be safely trusted to live among other people, while there may still be some hope of redemption in others who may have committed evil acts. In fact, I am confident that there has to be a large degree of mental illness in people who are evil. I don't know, and I have no interest in making these decisions, but I have no doubt that some people should never be allowed to live among other people, mental illness or not. If they are killed in self-defense, it probably saves everyone a lot of time and money.

By the way, I do believe that the progressive Democrat agenda, including plenty of Republican collaborators, has resulted in a society where many people cannot reliably determine good from evil, and plenty of others who simply don't care.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

With all the latest news, it appears to be a mass failure by the school and even worse, law enforcement. When the first shots were fired and reported, the school should have been locked immediately! No ifs and or buts! Police should have been on the scene within minutes. Police while waiting for backup should have been in the school locating the gunman and killing him.

However, that is not the way it happened because of police being handcuffed by all the new rules and protocols. First no officer wants to go in alone because if he shoots the criminal, he will stand trial especially if the criminal is darker-skinned. Police are taught more than ever now to wait for an experienced backup. Wait for negotiators since this could be a hostage situation. Police are afraid to act quickly and do anything that would put them on trial in this liberal lawless society where criminals have more rights than the victims.

Still, I fault the police for being a bunch of cowards. Numerous shots were heard and before he entered the school, he shot at two people leaving a funeral home. Why anyone would mistake this for a negotiable hostage situation is beyond sane reason.

I fault the community for not taking matters in their own hands as the police stood back like sniveling cowards afraid for their jobs and own safety. The liberal protocol has turned our police into a waste of taxpayers' money. I call for more funding for police and a new training protocol that allows police to shoot first and answer questions later. Police cannot depend on courts to convict and keep criminals in prison. Any police officer with a family fears that when a criminal is released, they will come after their family. This has to stop.

If I had been in Vualde on the scene, I would have gone past police lines armed with a six-shot revolver and taken this deranged killer out. All it takes is one shot. What are the police going to do, arrest me? They might but they wouldn't arrest several armed citizens rushing in, they would follow them. As Cheif Joseph so wisely said, "If the people will lead, the leaders will follow."

We live in a nation of frightened people. After all, if a few liberal deranged democrats can incite others with false narratives and take down a president, and silence opposing voices, standing up for what is right is like standing before a firing squad.

We need armed citizens to get organized and take over situations like this. If my public elementary schools were open doors, I would volunteer to help at the school. I would form a group of retired seniors that were raised by the rule to shoot first and answer questions later. What they wouldn't know is I and other senior volunteers would be packing and responding by heading toward any gunfire and taking the shooter out. No school shooter expects to be killed before they kill masses. No school shooter expects to confront an armed senior citizen that helps with reading or other things at the school.

Protect our little children, is that too much to ask?

I am sick of all the talk on both sides of all the things that need to be changed. First, lock the damn doors and have someone in the office that has the power to lock and unlock after viewing the person on camera. Our schools all have this plus they have double doors so even after the first is opened and the person is standing in the vestibule, if the metal detector detects anything of size, then the second doors are not opened and then the school's cameras are patched into the local police dept. Plus all our schools have full-time officers. All our schools have classroom, hall, cafeteria, etc cameras that can be patched into the police.

Why don't all schools have this security?

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Mary Stetler and John West like this.
  13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Lots of finger pointing here and probably justifiable, but school security is the responsibility of the school. It's not a top down fix. If there was a security protocol and the doors were locked the shooter never would have gotten in.

All these other issues brought up are separate.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

You are right, but when an unsecured situation like this happens, I find it reprehensible that the police stood back, unorganized and one just worried about getting his kids out. The entire show in Uvalde, Texas at Robb Elementry is a total failure by all. One hour passed while wounded kids slowly bled to death. This is beyond sickening! Thankful that one border patrol finally after an hour had the cajones to go in and kill the shooter. Way too late since he was in a room of dead and dying kids. .

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I just read where there were survivors in the classroom that smeared blood on themselves to appear shot. It seems the kids had more common sense and courage than the police and adults. The only heroes are the surviving kids that helped themselves and others to fake being shot. The entire adult community that was on the scene, especially the police should hang their heads in shame. The school officials and the sheriff should resign.