Uvalde, Texas Elementry School Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Faye Fox, May 24, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't worry, Faye, we both can defend each other. That's what a marriage is about.

Yes, both of us love America! Tomorrow we will be displaying our large American flag outside on our patio for Memorial Day. We have drove around the complex on Memorial Day, Flag Day and Veteran's Day and not seen a single American flag displayed, but ours. There are lots and lots of young and old/older that don't display the American flag even on Flag Day.

We pray each and everyday for the families of those children that were killed and for the families of the teachers that were killed as well. Yes, we pray for them!

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

True, we could move but then who would defend this country? Certainly not those who just move along to get along.

And as far as the blaming game goes, you Cody should remember your own posts and then recant. If blaming didn’t do any good then the United States would have NEVER have become the Republic it became.
    Seriously Vet….you really need to tighten up and stand up and be ready for what is coming because those who lay down will indeed be buried in the very sand they’re laying on.

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

. 70221451_10214226279918607_9066115133616422912_n.jpg

A hundred and twelve years ago, in 1907...our great grandparents were first able to buy the rifle pictured. The semi-auto Winchester Model 1907.
    This is a gun they could buy from a Sears catalogue and have delivered via US Post. It was/ is a semi-automatic, high powered centerfire rifle, with detachable, high capacity magazine.
    About 400,000 semi-automatic rifles were produced before WW2. Civilians had hundreds of thousands of these for 40 years, while US soldiers were still being issued old fashioned bolt action rifles.
    The 1907 fired just as fast as an AR15 or AK47 and the bullet (.351 Winchester) was actually larger than those fired by the more modern looking weapons..
    The ONLY functional difference between the 1907 and a controversial and much feared AR15 is the modern black plastic stock.
    The semi auto, so-called "assault rifle" is 110 years old. It isnt new in any way.
    The semi auto rifle was not a weapon of war. The government MADE IT a weapon of war 40 years after civilians had them.
    The semi-auto can be safely owned by civilians. The proof is that literally 3 generations of adults owned and used them responsibly and no one ever even noticed.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, I am a Vet, Bobby, but a Navy Vet, of which I seen very little combat duty in Nam. My service in Nam was all onboard a Navy Destroyer along the coast. The NVA and Viet Cong weren't firing at us.
    IOW, Bobby, I'm not nearly as so-called "hard core" as a Vet, that you are.

As a friend of ours, who was Army Drafted to Vietnam, and Purple Heart recipient due to a Snipper bullet, always tells me about a number of things, "I don't care" and "I don't worry". He knows what's gone on, but.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't doubt it, although it would probably go beyond the political party to the people whose agenda the Democrats and far too many of the Republicans are following.

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

What has that asinine comment have doing with asking questions, discussing, and investigating the facts and evidence? If we question corruption and actions that should be questioned, then we don't like America and are free to leave. If we call out the Democrats for their corruption we can leave. If we don't mask up when we know it does no good, we can leave. That is ignorance and the pinnacle of stupidy.

If we blame the humans responsible and hold them accountable, then yes blaming will change everything for the better. Blaming the damn gun that has been around since 1907 and banning it, will also change everything, that is if the change you seek is living under fascist rule.

I don't like the idea that several men in my family saw horrible combat under harsh conditions in WW 2 and risked their lives to take out the German rail guns, some died in Viet Nam, one a preacher during the Viet Nam war went to prison for years because he stood his grounds for his beliefs and instead of joining the Navy to avoid combat or going to Canada to avoid the draft, went to Leavenworth, and other family members were seriously wounded in Iraq, so you can fly your flag and enjoy your veteran benefits when you chose the Navy to avoid combat and not be a deserter or stand trial because you were either opposed or scared of combat. Sorry, I am not leaving America or even the west and I will continue to ask questions and place blame on those humans that have failed their country and fellow citizen, especially the children.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason (co-author of the 2nd Amendment)

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceful citizens, from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence . from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." -- George Washington

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thomas Paine

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -- Richard Henry Lee

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." -- Thomas Jefferson

"If you wish the sympathy of the broad masses, you must tell them the crudest and most stupid things. This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -- Adolph Hitler, Chancellor, Germany, 1933

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

No matter what they say I still think of 6 million previously disarmed Jews who were herded onto rail cars to go wherever the Nazi’s wanted them to go.
    The thing is, as always it only took a couple of people with weapons to have the upper hand on hundreds which is exactly what the way left wants it to be here.

The 2nd Amendment of the Constitution isn’t just in relation to a right but also a Warning that our new government could be corrupted just like every government in the world has been at one time or another since Nimrod and before.

(I guess we were thinking along the same lines at the same time Ken)

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I no longer have access to a site that shows the owner of a vehicle. I can get all the information about the vehicle but not the owner's name. If any of you can, search FNK 5522 Texas license plate. It is the wrecked 2008 Ford F-150 60th Anniversary edition FX 2 Sport XL valued at around $12,000 that was driven by the Uvalde shooter. Who owned this truck?

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

From the couple of reports I heard and read, the truck belonged to his grandmother. He supposedly took it after he shot her.
    Grandad wasn’t around so they must have had two vehicles.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, guess with all of your ranting about our government, will have to put you on "Ignore". Enough is enough for me. You call what I'm said as "asinine"...........not very nice lady! You get entirely too mad for me! Sorry, but........

However, I do understand your anger, but.

12. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Off topic, but true story - when my son was in about 5th grade I had to have a conference with his teacher. She was disturbed that he had passed a note that called another kid asinine. I asked the teacher how she knew my son wrote the note. She said "Trust me, he's the only kid in the room that knows what it means and can spell it". We changed his plea to guilty....

As for the tragic school shooting, it sounds like it was the confluence of everything that could possible go wrong. Mental illness, incompetence, cowardice, the list goes on. My heart aches.

Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Actually Cody, when you told those of us who love this country enough to fight for her that we were free to go to another country was indeed way over the wall…..again.
    It’s a foolish (definition of asinine) thing to write and you opened yourself up to a lot of criticism especially when you also said that none of us should complain abut the way the investigation is being promoted.

Yes, Faye, myself and a few others do get a tad ticked but I’d rather that than the standardized apathy toward wrong doing that’s been rampaging through this country for a long time.
    Again I do ask that you simply stand up instead of laying down. You weren’t trained to fail and above all, as a vet, the oath you took when you raised your hand has NO expiration date.
    I am indeed a combat vet but we both took the exact same oath no matter what branch of service you were in or what you did whilst on active duty.

Faye Fox likes this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hahaha! Apparently, you don't understand the meaning of rant. Nothing I have posted in this thread could be defined as a rant. Questioning our current government that took power by disrupting and corrupting our voting system, isn't ranting. You also do not understand the meaning of asinine. Your statement that anyone that questions our current government is free to leave America if they are unhappy was let's see a better word than asinine, oh, I have it, UNPATRIOTIC! It is your forum privilege to ignore me and perhaps that is best since I am not a very nice lady. Do what you need to do, it isn't any bull hide off my saddlehorn.

How can you understand my anger? I don't have anger as you would define it, more like frustration with all the continued assaults on our patriotic way of life while so many stay silent or think it is a good thing. You claim to love the ranching way of life, yet your writing says different. One of the biggest assaults against the American way of life is the Democrat's assault on ranches. You can't have it both ways, claim you love ranching and America, and then continually say ignorant things to folks that have fought and continue to fight for their way of life.

Instead of studying what an AR 15 rifle is, you go along with the narrative that it is an "assault" weapon. You fall for the nonsense that banning such a gun would stop school shootings. You don't seem to understand that if the Democrats can ban what they label "assault" weapons, then it is only time before all guns are labeled assault weapons and confiscated. Even knives and baseball bats might fall under "assault" weapons.

You write no intelligent response to those that outline and show timelines of the last 14 years in the USA and how freedoms have been taken under the disguise of public safety and the Democrats created scenarios to fuel racism, etc.

So now anyone that dares point out the bizarre and questionable circumstances that led up to this school shooting, a massacre of children, you tell them they are free to leave the USA. You believe any investigation should be left up to a few that may have played a part in this massacre. The rest of us should praise all law enforcement and hail them as heroes. We can all fly the American flag and pray for the families and while that is nice, it doesn't resolve anything. I won't fly a flag at my place today because it would be flown upside down. The only flags I will help fly today will be the little ones on the graves of veterans that died in action. I will shed tears on the graves in hopes of diluting all the piss on the graves that was put there by the haters of freedom.

The ATF and FBI were alerted within hours of the purchase of the two AR 15 SEMI auto rifles and 1657 rounds of ammo and multiple clips. They should have been watching this killer within hours of his purchase. Why did this extreme purchase of guns and ammo go uninvestigated?

Where did the killer get the cash for this purchase? 100 rounds of this ammo cost $140 on the average. The killer had 1657 rounds of ammo. The rifles cost about $1000 each. He had 60 magazines. These magazines cost $20 each and the list goes on for other tactical gear he bought.

That all pencils out to $5000. Where did he get this kind of cash? He worked at Wendy's for about 8 months according to several stories. Some say he made and saved $4000 and bought all this gear with that. He worked 5 days a week and 5 hours a day. That is 25 hours a week or roughly 100 hours a month. That would be 800 hours worked. Best I can find out he was paid $8 an hour. So he made $6400 gross and even with all taxes taken out, he was able to save $5000. That is possible but I still question it. Maybe his grandparents paid for everything so he didn't spend any of his money.

It is possible that he acted alone in all of this, but still, there are many remaining questions and the answers put forth, don't fit. How could so many departments of law enforcement fail so badly.? Why was ATF on the scene within minutes?

I think we as seniors must put forth these questions and not rest until satisfactory answers are given and proven to be correct. I hope Governor Abbott will stay strong against the pressures of the fascists that want to ban such guns as an answer to this massacure. Let's ban guns capable of rapid-fire so the criminals and drug cartels will be the only ones with rapid fire weapons and school killers will figure out a way to kill kids whether it is bombs or poison. If the school massacres stop, then there is your proof it was government-sponsored for the sole purpose of banning guns.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It’s a bit of irony but when the senate was formed in Rome, the members were considered to be older and wiser than those who simply represented each province.
    The same principle was applied to the forming of our own nation whereby the Senate is “supposed” to be comprised of those who have gained merit for knowledge and wisdom as compared to the representatives in the House.

The ironic part I mentioned is that we seniors, the very people who have lived long enough, have had a multitude of experience and for the most part are well educated about the facts of life in all of it’s facets are the LEAST of the population who are listened to.
    The folks who are listened to are those who have little knowledge, little experience and generally speaking, have an agenda to push based on the condition of their back pocket.