Uvalde, Texas Elementry School Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Faye Fox, May 24, 2022.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Several conflicting stories came out at the beginning. One of the first was on the school's official Facebook and said the school was in lockdown and secure and they wanted parents to stay home and not come to the school. Later it was revised to the killer was in the school and from there several conflicting stories came out and still are.

I have gone back and watched a video where the neighbor saw Salvador trying to get his grandma's pickup in gear after loading a backpack and a duffle bag in it. He further said after Salvador took off and the grandma came out bleeding an ambulance and police officers responded and were there in minutes. They all heard shots behind that location in the direction of the school. This proves the police knew within minutes after he shot his grandma that he was at the school since other eyewitnesses had called seeing him at the school with a rifle.

The bottom line is the actions of the police during this entire 1 1/2 hours are all questionable and simply don't add up. I think it is factual that 19 children and 2 teachers were killed. The photos and videos from the funerals and making the names public proves that.

If we look at how gun legislation directed mainly at AR15s and AK47s is gaining support and many republicans are buying in and trying to negotiate deals, I think we can all see where this is headed. Democrats must get this shoved into law before Fall 2022 because they know unless they can create mass voter fraud, they are on their way out.

As I have said before, there are way too many unbelievable happening in this Uvalde massacre. Way too many oversights and tactical mistakes that a rookie wouldn't make. Something is very wrong!

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Democrat Texas senator Ronald Guiterrez is now claiming the School District Police Chief didn't receive any report of the 911 calls from the terrified kids received by the City Police because the school district police use a different frequency. Didn't the city police have officers in the hall with this School District Chief? Why didn't they relay these extreme emergency messages?

There is no doubt in my mind that this Cheif of School Police received the messages and ignored them thinking he knew best or had other horrific motives. The Democrat Guiterrez is putting out false narratives to cover for him and keep the focus on banning guns. In the videos I have seen, this Chief shows no emotion and just makes excuses. He keeps insisting that he was sure it was a hostage situation, yet offers not one valid reason why.

No one has ever heard of an active shooter situation changing to a hostage situation unless the shooter/killer calls out and makes demands.

Why would the school police use a different frequency from the city police in an emergency situation?

Texas does allow school districts to have their own police, but school police have to be certified in the same training as other police and must be capable of receiving emergency calls from all other Texas police officers.

All the police forces I know have scanning receivers tied into all the emergency frequencies and the ability to use offset transmit/receive frequencies so they can tie into other services. They can either work simplex or duplex.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was an EMS Director for a volunteer ambulance company and, later, co-owner of a private ambulance company, and we had radio contact with the city police in each of the cities we covered, the sheriff's department, and all fire departments in our area, and the EMS companies that we had mutual agreements with. We weren't allowed to speak on the LEO channels unless we needed to in an emergency, except for the primary city where we were based, but we had access and would hear their radio traffic as long as we weren't busy on our own channel. It's hard to imagine a school police department that didn't have radio contact with the city or county police.

Bobby Cole and Mary Stetler like this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

One of the radio shows was betting how many times Biden was going to use certain phrases trying to demand gun control in his speech tonite, using this tragedy to stir us up. One I particularly hated was how many times he will use God. "In God's name, how long can this go on, Man!?" God is supposedly banned by the gov't. Biden has no right to use God's name in vain but he has been throwing it and other phrases around like repetative footballs.
    I did not listen to the speech, yet.

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Why is the investigation into the simple question, "Did Pete Arredondo Cheif of School Police even have a radio on him when he entered the school, gone silent? Several early accounts say he did not. Then we hear he did but didn't receive the calls from the City Police when they passed on the 911 calls and accusations were made that 911 made the mistake. Now it is being told that he did have a radio but it was on a different frequency. Claims are being made that other officers in the hall with him did receive the City police 911 messages and begged this Cheif for at least 45 minutes to let them go in.

This Cheif was a Uvalde city cop for 16 years. He had numerous training sessions where the protocol without any debate since the Sandy Hook killing, made it clear an active shooter situation didn't end until the shooter was dead or neutralized. An active school shooter never changes to anything else and all rules of engagement apply. He should be arrested and at least charged with manslaughter. Many kids died and suffered horribly because of his decision to play by his own rules and ignore iron-clad protocal. The guy is a liar!

What alarms me is the Democrats immediately started shielding him and making excuses for his ILLEGAL decisions. This situation was NOT a judgment call! I am alarmed because it appears to me that he purposely let enough kids die to be sure this qualified as a mass shooting that requires 4 or more to be shot dead. His actions at the get-go, passing up the school when there was a wrecked pickup near the school, and reports of shots fired really raise a red flag. Every action he took after that is questionable and not protocol for an active shooter situation. He did nothing following protocol that every rookie knows, not one thing!

It appears to me, judged on his actions. that this Cheif wanted several kids to die before they killed the shooter. Was he part of a plan to call for a ban on semi-auto weapons that look military and the 18-year-old was hand-picked from his media post to play that role under the leadership of this psycho Chief of school police?

Was Uvalde, Texas a border town with lots of guns per capita, picked for this mass murder of kids? If adults had been involved, then it would have less impact on voters in the fall. Two days until school would be out for these kids. I hope the Texas Republicans will demand a full investigation and make it public and demand those like the Cheif be brought to justice at least on charges of incompetence and cowardliness and failing to follow protocol accepted by every state and the federal government.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Registered

Mass shootings, or at least the reporting of them by leftist media has felt like a 'set up' for a long time, to me. But I am just a nutcase conspiricist.
    I am also deplorable. Like I said before, we never see the headlines where guns saved lives but there are many situations out there.

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just how many killed, is considered a mass shooting? Was the one in Tulsa one? What about the latest one inside a church (Cornerstone) in Iowa? Two female young members were shot/killed and the shooter killed himself.

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Four or more shot (killed or wounded), besides the shooter. Shootings involving three or more victims occurring in non-public situations, such as when one member of a family shoots all the other members in the family home, are not included in mass shooting statistics.

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Wikipedia includes family shootings in its stats.

Faye Fox likes this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Registered

I don't recall Wesson being in the news and that, to me, is a more horrible mass killing than any of the recent mass shootings. Where was the hoopla?

11. Ken Anderson

He was black, so maybe it didn't fit the white nationalist mass murderer stories that were being promoted at the time. That situation was truly tragic, and mental illness played a role there too, I suggest.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I was going by the method used currently by the media and the Gun Violence Archive. Found under Wikipedia under Mass Shooting. But you go ahead and argue.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

I wasn't arguing. I was just interested in what you said so I went looking, that is all. It's not surprising that Wikipedia would say one thing and do another. That's not on you.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No one but locals following the county emergency alert postings will hear about one of our local schools being on immediate lockdown today with all doors locked and the school officer (city police officer on yearly assignment) making sure everything was secure while police surrounded the school. School continued as normal while the guy making the threat was located at home and arrested. It was a guy with undocumented mental issues and no red flags, that tried to buy an AR 15 but the dealer didn't like how he presented himself so the dealer delayed his purchase. The guy got angry and left.

He then went on social media and said the dealer had hassled him and treated him unfairly so he was going to go shoot up a certain school where the dealer's kids went. School authorities report after 10 minutes of double-checking for security, the kids seeing the police presence, went back to their studies. So far in the last 12 months, 4 such threats have been received, resulting in secure lockdowns and arrests, with NO DEATHS, and all though none were a real immediate threat, schools and police still respond and take each threat seriously as if an active shooter was on school property.

I am still beside myself that no one in Uvalde that boasts its own school police force, could get one thing right. No double-checking doors and no officer in the school during school hours, no charging in and neutralizing the killer, just a series of unbelievable tactical errors that defy common logic. Maybe Texas schools best reconsider allowing school districts to have their own publically funded police force.

Perhaps Girl Scouts patrols would provide better security.

Mary Stetler and Ken Anderson like this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

As posted here before, the FBI considers a mass murder as one where four or more are killed in one location. There is no standard set for those wounded, just those killed which is a requirement for a murder charge.

The means of the killings is irrelevant to labeling it mass murder. Serial killers differ because they kill in different locations. The terrorist attacks of 911 were mass murders although no guns were used.

There is no special criteria or rule for mass shootings, just murder. Even on a day in Democrat-controlled cities where guns are illegal if 20 kids are shot and killed but in different yards or apartment complexes, it doesn't count as mass murder. The idea behind the one location is the ease one can kill many. All those that died from covid when Cumo ordered sick seniors in hospitals back to nursing homes knowing full well they would infect and probably kill many others, is mass murder yet no gun was used. Very few cared since they were old people.

Again the correct term is mass murder, not mass shootings. A mass bombing or poisoning won't' get the attention because there is no political gain. Compare the USA to countries where guns are banned but where bombing the masses kills many, wounds even more, and destroys buildings and property.

If the Democrats are successful and get most guns banned, which is their goal and they collect guns from private law-abiding homes and destroy USA manufacturers, then criminals will still have all the muti round big magazine semi-automatic rifles and handguns and will control neighbors everywhere just like they do in big Democrat controlled cities. Manufacturers will spring up in other countries and guns will flow by the thousands daily over our Democrat-controlled open borders. Prices will soar and make many honest citizens criminals.

The second amendment is absolute and written for the very reason we see unfolding in the USA.