Vaccine News

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Trevalius Guyus, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I can hear it now from the supermarket loudspeakers: get your covid/seasonal flu shot combo and we'll give you a 15% discount on your groceries...

The store where I've shopped were offering a 10% discount if you got the seasonal jab and now they can offer more discount for combo....

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Here is a follow-up (I think) to the article posted by @John Brunner. I couldn't read john's article without signing up, but I could read this one. I hope you can as well.
    article

John Brunner likes this.
  3. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Texas Governor Perry tried to make taking that vaccine a law to reward those who contributed to his campaign. He couldn't get it through. I am so glad the company decided to give us the choice with well made commercials. They say MAY prevent certain type of cancer.
    Garbanzo beans might too.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just read this comment elsewhere:

The vaccines weren't invented for COVID. COVID was invented for the vaccines.

6. John Brunner

Today (Sept 11, 2023) the FDA cleared new COVID-19 vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer. Novavax is still under review.

I don't like pasting entire articles, but this one from The Epoch Times has some interesting data in it, and you need a [free] account to access it on their website.

FDA Clears New COVID-19 Vaccines in Bid to Counter Waning Effectiveness

U.S. drug regulators on Sept. 11 cleared new COVID-19 vaccines to try to counter the poor effectiveness the current options provide.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cleared shots from Moderna and Pfizer that will be available to Americans as young as 6 months old later this month.

"Vaccination remains critical to public health and continued protection against serious consequences of COVID-19, including hospitalization and death," Dr. Peter Marks, a top FDA official, said in a statement. "We very much encourage those who are eligible to consider getting vaccinated."

The FDA approved the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines for people aged 12 and older. Regulators granted emergency authorization for the shots for people aged 6 months to 11 years.

There was no mention of Novavax, whose vaccine is also currently available in the United States.

The shots target XBB.1.5, a subvariant of the Omicron virus variant. That subvariant has already largely been displaced by newer strains, including EG.5, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The authorizations came despite a dearth of data from clinical trials.

Moderna stated that in a trial, its new shot induced immune responses against EG.5, also known as Eris, and other newer variants.

Pfizer stated that preclinical data have shown that antibodies generated by its new vaccine "effectively neutralize" EG.5.

The new shots were authorized based on studies on neutralizing antibody levels that appeared to show "a similar magnitude to the extent of neutralization observed with prior versions of the vaccines against corresponding prior variants against which they had been developed to provide protection," the FDA stated. "This suggests that the vaccines are a good match for protecting against the currently circulating COVID-19 variants."

The CDC plans to meet with its advisers on Sept. 12 to consider which populations it should recommend receive the new vaccines. If the panel recommends a vaccine, the federal government must pay for it.

Many countries have suggested that younger, healthy people not receive COVID-19 vaccinations as the disease has died down.

The United Kingdom, for instance, in August, said that vaccination this fall was recommended only for select groups, including people designated as at-risk.
    The CDC scaled back its recommendations earlier this year for some populations.
    CDC Director Dr. Mandy Cohen said earlier this year that the CDC was poised to recommend annual COVID-19 shots.
    Pfizer and Moderna have said the new shots will cost about $110 to $130.

Number of Shots

The new vaccinations are cleared for varying numbers of shots, depending on age group and prior vaccination.

People aged 5 years and older, whether or not they've received a vaccine, are eligible to receive a single dose of one of the new shots.

Children aged 6 months through 4 years who have previously been vaccinated can receive one or two doses of one of the new vaccines.

Children in that age group who have not been vaccinated can receive three doses of the new Pfizer vaccine or two doses of the new Moderna vaccine.

Another Replacement

The FDA cleared, and the CDC recommended, updated shots in the fall of 2022 amid waning effectiveness.

Those shots were bivalent, containing components of the Wuhan strain and Omicron.

Those shots have not performed well against infection or severe disease, according to observational data. They were authorized and recommended based on animal testing.
    Just 17 percent of the U.S. population had received a bivalent dose as of May 10, the most recent date the CDC lists data for. Some doctors have opted against receiving them.
    The FDA stated that it expects to update the vaccines on an annual basis, as it does with influenza vaccines.

A survey of more than 2,000 adults in Arizona found that the primary reason for not receiving a bivalent was having protection from prior infection.
    Other common reasons included wariness about side effects and belief that the booster would not add protection.

Novavax

Novavax said its newer shot performed well against newer variants, but the FDA didn't clear it. Novavax said in a statement that its updated vaccine is "under review" by the FDA.
    "We still expect to be available this fall and anticipate we will be a player for the season," a Novavax spokesperson told The Epoch Times via email.

An FDA spokesperson told The Epoch Times in an email: "Questions about the application’s current status may be directed to the company. As the FDA has done throughout the pandemic, we will make information available as appropriate."

Criticism

Some experts have criticized U.S. authorities for clearing the new shots without strong data.
    "There's essentially no data," Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo said at a recent press conference. "Not only that, but there are a lot of red flags."

He pointed to studies finding that the effectiveness of the vaccines turns negative over time.

Other papers have found that the vaccines cause cardiac problems such as heart inflammation, the doctor noted.

"It's truly irresponsible for FDA, CDC, and others to be championing something ... when we don't know the implications of it," he said.

Dr. Paul Offit, an FDA adviser, suggested to the Daily Mail that younger, healthy people who have already been vaccinated don't need one of the new doses.

"We are best served by targeting these booster doses to those who are most at risk of severe disease," such as people older than 75, Dr. Offit said. "Boosting otherwise healthy young people is a low-risk, low-reward strategy."

**********************​
    Related Stories
    FDA Vaccine Adviser Says Most Americans Don't Need Yet Another COVID-19 Booster
    9/9/2023

EXCLUSIVE: FDA Refuses to Provide COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Data to US Senator
    9/7/2023
    **********************​

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

This is long but very informative. I suggest letting it play in the background since there's no need to actually watch it. One thing that isn't mentioned here that kept going through my mind, as they discussed the reasons, was the openly stated goal of population control through vaccinations.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Yeah, McCullough is one they are REALLY trying to censor

9. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I haven't forgotten the previous Covid vaccine incentives - A free taco & tickets to basketball games. :)

Vada Bloom and Mary Stetler like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Because of the crowd we will be around in Vegas during the National Finals Rodeo in December, we are getting both the Covid 19 Booster and the Senior Double-Dose Flu Shot. However, not together at the same time. Will wait a couple of weeks in-between. We don't care who gets, or doesn't get, the Booster we are.

11. Joy Martin

Registered

We know you Cody, you believe there is good in those shots//////

12. Joy Martin

Registered

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Yep, note that only the U.S. and Canada are recommending the vax to anyone but the high risk population. That is the most significant point in the article. Some countries have banned mRNA vaccines altogether after the after-action reports shown increased infections among the vaccinated and a high number of serious side effects. I suspect our regulatory agencies are in the pockets of those they regulate, so profit rather than benefit is the goal.

When the VA provider asked me if I wanted any vaccinations, I replied, "I'm __years old and have had all the vaccines I am going to get." Vaccinating children with this stuff will be seen in the future in the same light as Dr. Mengele's experiments are now viewed.

14. John Brunner

Here is an article from Sweden suggesting that "smart people" were the first in line to get the shot. I believe the rest of us have "low cognitive ability."

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/smart-people-first-line-covid-19-vaccines-study-suggests

15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

What can I say? My "cognitive ability" must be near the bottom. Intelligence does not reflect gullibility. Many so-called "smart" people fall for scams all the time, and I suspect they are also the ones most likely to believe what comes from the experts.

John Brunner likes this.