Validating Someone's Perceptions

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Joanna Newton, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Mitchell Hartwig

Mitchell Hartwig Well-Known Member
    Registered

Here's a thought...

What I'm noticing from Millennials is that they seek group approval--they live for "likes". Therefore, they want to make public their stand on all issues, and they seem to firmly believe that there is a "right" and "wrong" for all issues--even the ones that they know little about, and they need desperately to let everyone know that they are on the "right" side of every issue.

It's like little kids in pre-school seeking gold stars from the caregiver.

And the flip side of all this craving for likes is that they do "finger-pointing" more than any other group I've ever seen.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Sadly, for them they don't realize its them that it is going to hurt the most. Most people do not know anything about their own history or the laws their nation was founded on.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

People congregate with those they agree with,nothing wrong with that its always been that way.
    But to disagree with new members so much that you totally ignore them ort come back now and then with a snide remark along with your cohorts is basically what I call a clique, this forum is not that bad about it but many are.
    Why not have a civil debate and let the person know although you don't agree with them you will do so in a civil way and for the respect of the forum that gives you both the privilege of being a member.
    Jake said," Marie,don't start,I got one foot in the door so be quite".:D

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

I have seen a little group think here but not much at all compared to most sites. I like the forum and think its as fair as anywhere people meet.

If I was trying to offend somebody I wasn't aware of it, which is possible, I guess.