Was There An Ancient Highly Developed Civilization?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

2. Yvonne Smith

I looked at several forum threads, and we have talked about various aspects of this possibility, from the ancient aliens theory, to pyramids all over the world, underwater lost cities, and strange earth formations that look like the stumps of gigantic trees.
    We have talked about giants, lost technology, and pictures that look like spaceships. What I want to do in this thread, is just kind of bring all of the pieces together, and include anything that alludes to a lost advanced civilization.
    I am hoping for input from @Sheldon Scott , @Joe Riley , @Patsy Faye , and I wish that @Terry Page was still around , because he has been so many places and could add so much personal observation about things he has seen in his travels, that points to an advanced civilization.
    I am putting this here, and not under conspiracies, because we have pictures and evidence of this civilization, and we can discuss what it was, and how it might have come about.

Here is an interesting video that shows some of the ancient buildings that we are uncovering underneath other buildings that are old themselves. There are pictures of giants, petrified wood that looks for all the world like someone’s woodpile, and other intriguing pictures.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

As you know I have watched countless documentaries on the subject and most of what I've seen is not based on theory
    the evidence is there to see
    As I believe in Alien life, I therefore believe they made their home here at some time, different races of alien life
    everything I've seen points to that and I'm happy to believe 'we're not alone'
    New discoveries are made each year of the Universe as well as our planet, and when you look back ...
    how small we thought we were

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Sure looks like this guy is using a computer......

785145BF-3EDD-4C45-90B2-D57DE5728860.jpeg

5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

• The Incan Civilization. ...
    • The Aztec Civilization. ...
    • The Roman Civilization. ...
    • The Persian Civilization. ...
    • The Chinese Civilization. ...
    • The Maya Civilization. ...
    • The Ancient Egyptian Civilization. ...
    • The Indus Valley Civilization.

6. Yvonne Smith

These do look like they could be some kind of astronaut , pilot, or space traveler. I think that the book about ancient astronauts has some amazing finds of our world that point to a higher civilization than we have been told for that time frame.
    That these kinds of artifacts come from virtually all over the world has to mean that either many of the old cultures understood this, or that the civilization that did understand space travel went all over the world.

8E8FFBE3-6DE9-411B-8312-11A8E3CBDC76.jpeg

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I've seen some of those figures on 'Ancient Aliens' - a good series

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

This person has a flashlight and is “spotlighting deer”.

39048E0E-1706-4B4B-8CAF-161861E248A6.jpeg

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

I am endlessly fascinated reading about possible high-functioning ancient civilizations, in America, and all over the world. When you look at pictures of these old buildings, or the ruins of them, they look amazingly alike , no matter where they were built, leading me to think that there could have been a world civilization at one time.

Anyway, one of the questions we ask ourselves, is why, if there were already old castles, buildings, and ruins already here when the first documented people settled in America, why is there no record of people finding these ancient buildings ?
    Most of them are said to have been built in the 1800’s, when most people barely had wood and dirt homes to live in, and in contrast there are mansions that would take an expert craftsman to build and create the decorated walls and ceilings of these homes.

I watched a video tonight that shows an old newspaper from 1858, which talked about “ancient American antiquities”, and describes the beautiful buildings that were found by the first explorers to cross the country.
    I am posting a copy of part of what the newspaper article says, which is reprinted so that it is easy to read; but the picture of the actual paper is in the video. I know not everyone wants to take the time to watch a video (this one is about 20 minutes long), but the newspaper article is easy to read.

7042E4C3-83B1-4A94-BE81-AABBBCADB3E8.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Here is the video that the above article is from. This does not specifically mention Cahokia, but it seems to me like it would have to be related, so I believe this will really interest you, @Joe Riley .
    If indeed these cities were built before the Christian Era, then they would have to be at least 2,000 years old, at the minimum, and maybe a lot older, since we know some places were already ruins before the Christian Era even began.

Lois Winters and Joe Riley like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Have any of you watched America Unearthed with Scott Wolter ? Just recently saw these on U Tube. Very interesting and informative. Not sure how much is just TV hype.

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The Nasca Lines always interested me. You can only appreciate them from the air, but they are ancient--created long before planes. (Twilight Zone music)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We have them in Georgia. It is something to wonder about found all over the world it would seem to make it seem like we lost then gained another civilization.
    And with all the different kinds of artifacts

14. Yvonne Smith

This is a temple that was buried and then discovered and unearthed in India. It is called Vettuvan Koil, and is from the 8th Century. The whole thing was carved from solid rock.
    Some of these magnificent buildings can not even be duplicated today, with all of our modern equipment, and it makes you wonder where they found the skilled craftsmen that would have been needed to carve all of this ?
    https://www.ancientpages.com/2021/0...ed-to-lord-shiva-and-built-by-pandya-dynasty/

IMG_5131.jpeg

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The east Indians were some great stone carvers but I am kinda partial to Machu Pichu.

Yvonne Smith likes this.