We May Be Getting A Couple Dogs This Morning

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

You could have a point Yvonne they are on high fat protein dog food for old dog Molly, can't have 2 at the cost now they are lucky to share one good one, but maybe buy a cheaper one and mix it? I don't know,

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you buy the cheaper one, then you can save the more expensive one for Molly, who needs that pampering at her age.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

I thought of that but then they are doing good health wise on this one. They may take more years than we have to over=come their neurotic behavior's.o_O

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

We like watching Cesar shows, but these are beyond that now, they need Brutus, rubbing some nose in their mistakes. They've been here now since March 2022.they will be 2 in February. Leo is out there now beating the heck out of hi9s stainless steel food pan. Jake will get them soon.if Leo dosdn't bury it.

5. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yeah, that cayenne pepper did make them stop some after you told me to do that, but they went for other trailer which I hadn't put any on yet. Then the other tail light on the boat trailer I had put on kind of stain, so I replaced it yesterday when I replaced the one they had chewed. But it did help, and Yvonne, good advice about the food too, they are on a high-protein food and it works well for Molly, but now that they have gained weight, I will be changing them to a lower-protein food soon. Thanks, Yvonne.

Yvonne Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

No punishment, just probation for the tail lights crimes.
    I woke up this morning, staggered into the kitchen to put on water for coffee at 7, and stepped into a huge pile of crap!:eek: We brought them in last night because it was going into the 20's. I didn't get on to them because I know it was an accident. Before coffee, Jake picked it up and I got out the mop, bleach and mopped the floors.
    But the rest of the day was good.

7. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think it was an accident too.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Took the dogs with me today on trail walk, they love the trail walks especially old dog Molly, who wasn't feeling good today at all, she was extra slow.

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

:(

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

She perked back up Mary, thank goodness. It's sad seeing her get old, but I don't want to lose her either. She is 16 soon,

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yesterday, March 19th, the two dogs Leo and Foxy have been here a year, they were 11 months old so now 2y one month ols.. And I have the scars to prove it, got another one today putting halter on Foxy, a blood lister on my finger snapping it into the latch. It goes with all my bruises from them " playing" with me. .
    Leo kept wanting to fight in the yard the animal won't bark at anyone but Jake and I! He snapped at me so I bent over and pushed him hard into the ground, held him down to let him know whos boss, but it didn't work for long. So now I go armed with my walking stick and he doesn't want to play. He is fine on the trail and real happy when he sees his halter.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

They have plenty of room to play in the yard its over an acre. But I guess Leo gets lonely in the back, Foxy is in front because she picks on him till he hurts her so to add to the rest of the craplola, we keep them separated most of the time. But we bring Leo up tpo thje front and put Foxy in back too.

Jake Smith likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Molly is 16 now Mary and almost as boney as I am, Molly and I both look almost as bad as Foxy and Leo did when we got them.

Jake Smith likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I tried rescued a half arctic wolf years ago who was very snappy and wouldn't tolerate being handled, so I spoke with a local vet, and he gave me a sedative for the dog that would keep him awake but very groggy and unable to fight us. We gave the drug, then had the children pet him and nuzzle him as the drug wore off. I don't recall the drug, but ol' Curly was a wonderful dog after that treatment. He had been raised on the tundra of Alaska and hadn't seen a tree in his life until he came here, so he was somewhat afraid of trees until he passed a decade or so ago. I don't know if it would work with your feisty dogs, and I don't recall the drug that was used either.

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Don these dogs are neurotic as a person in asylum. I think it will take more time. But they are totally different dogs than what we had at first. The male jumped thru screen porch if you picked up any object so some body was beating them on the chain. The lady who took them to vet said they went thru bad abuse. Loe was so starved he needed blood transfusion. He is very smart but mental. He is coming around and miss nice guy has changed into everyone for themselves lately, so I related to force and rough push downs and hold with loud NO. He now knows we care so not so paranoid. I think he want to be alpha but so do I.