We May Be Getting A Couple Dogs This Morning

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

My goat Nita stayed right with me all the time. She had 200 acres to roam if she wanted. Our donkeys were the roamers, Katy watched us open the gate and she would reach down, pull the rod out sling it into the woods and kick open the gate and rake off. She got my brothers donkey Pete run over by a car out on the highway a few miles from the house. He only had 3 legs after that, but he could really get around and run on them. I made Katy a bronco donk by pulling hair on her rear ans mama got rid of them. I learned how intelligent dinkeys are at a young age. She was trying to spook my little 9 yr old cousin and couldn't stop so she embraced her inside her body and they both slid down the hill with Mary inside her 4 legs protecting her from injury.
    I'd say,": I'm gonna get me a ride' and her ears would go back on her neck, and it was off to the races. She knew which trees to go between to peel me off. Dogs learned not to chase her after a couple kicks in their teeth.

Jake Smith likes this.
  2. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We did take Leo and Foxy around trail today about 6 pm, and they like their new harnesses,they fit them well. I didn't get a picture though, after working all day on porch, but I will next time. :)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Foxy Beep Beep is flying thru the porch now that it is wide open. She is air born a good way jumping the steps. I'd take a picture but shes too quick for that.

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

March will be 2 years we've had them and boy has this and many other things came to pass.
    Right now Foxy is really mad ,she is in a fenced in area 100z50 so its large but she is barking and giving us dirty looks.
    They have destroyed the whole yard and front porch is a sandy, hairy runway.
    Leo is in his pen too which is half the size of hers, still plenty of room to run. But he is happy to see Foxy is also in jail for her crimes as well. We pen him up when we let the hens out, he has already killed two of them.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

I have scars all over the bottom of my legs and arms, Jakes scratch actually needed stitches, but he wouldn't go to hospital. Leos paw cut him all the way down his arm, it was very deep and kept trying to get infected, but table salt prevented that as usual. We just pour salt into our wounds and it wroks perfect to heal.
    They are always pawing us and our thin skin is easy to tear.
    They are a lot better than they were but still have a way to go. Very neurotic and Foxy is real energetic. Jake clips their claws just not often enough for his busy schedule. I used to clip them but vision is not good now.

Jake Smith likes this.
  6. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"Correction", the porch is very clean now, thanks to me. :D

Leo and Foxy are not skinny anymore, only Molly at 18 y.o. I took them their favorite treat peanut butter Ritz cracker, Foxy who usually chews it forever, swallowed it whole, never seen her do that, always makes it last. :confused: I think it's because she is so mad being in her new pen.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Foxy and Leo are doing good. They are barking to come up on porch and visit then go for trial walk,they go on trail walk everyday. We even walk in light rain sometimes, not often because it doesn't rain much in morning here.

They still won't bark at people, reason I wanted a couple dogs was to let us know if anyone is coming up. Still no watchdogs. Just scars and 'intense' training for us all.

Mary Stetler likes this.