We May Be Getting A Couple Dogs This Morning

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Poodle still wants to lick my face every now and then, but if he looks like he is going to do that , I blow on his nose and he hates that. He hides his nose under his little paw, and sometimes sneezes; so if he even thinks about licking and I blow towards him, he stops and settles right down now.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    They are so cute when they don't get their way. And give us that look that says I'm mad at you.

Jake Smith likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Jake Smith likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, occasionally we do but somehow we manage to talk ourselves out of it. Our neighbors on both sides have dogs so I can go visit and get slobbered on any time without having vet bills. :D

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Leo and Foxy are coming along good. Leo is still fearful but at least he doesn't jump thru screens anymore if you make a noise or pick up an object.
    Foxy is still wired but she is so sweet makes me smile a lot.
    This is the first week Leo has come to us for attention. He will lay next to us but now he comes up and doesn't run away if you reach to pet him. He was liking me but now he likes hubby the most or as much I should say.
    They are also learning not to bother old fog Molly. Foxy still wants to snap at her and run but not as much, Molly acts like she kinds enjoys the company but we will never leave them alone with her.

6. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Last week. Foxy and Leo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Jake Smith

Registered

Same day.

DSCN1656.JPG DSCN1660.JPG

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Foxy just cornered another very large rat snake. Hubby took it to the woods and turned it loose. Foxy is becoming the snake whisperer. She doesn't even try to hurt them just barks and jumps back when they strike. I am hoping no more rattlers. though.

Jake Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I still don't understand why you deny yourself the pleasure of helping some poor animal out of it's misery and bringing such happiness in yourself. Sure, they can be challenging but it's well worth the challenge with the joy they bring, in this time of such turmoil and chaos.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

She is very 'alert' and doesn't miss a thing. Chasing butterfly's 'she flew thru the air like superman, all she lacked was the cape.:cool:

[​IMG]

Jake Smith likes this.
  11. Jake Smith

Registered

These two always surprise me about things. Like every time I feed them, they have to bury some of it for later.:confused:
    I figure they do it because they were almost starved to death when we got them. Foxy was 13 lbs and Leo only 24 lbs at a year old. I've never had any dogs that act as these two do, and I've had a lot of dogs.

Molly is fifteen now, she hot on that raccoon's trail. :D

[​IMG]

I was really shocked how this raccoon, got up into the bird bath, without tipping it over. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Yvonne Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Both are coming along great, except Leo is the Towel Bandit, only thing is he likes my towel on my porch chair. He takes it to the yard and lays beside it.
    They both know their name now and come when called, which is huge improvement.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Foxy here who had a trench from walking back and forth on a chain for almost a year before we got them, now has a trench around the biddy pen a foot wide. Pen is 10'W15'L.
    She is really watching her 'birds'. We tell her those are Foxy's birds. So she has appointed herself their protector. Plus, she is full of energy, like the Road Runner on the cartoon.

14. Jake Smith

Registered

Old 16 yo Molly's picture keeps going away and after the way she walked this morning and the way she is eating, I think she will be with us for a while longer, she seems to have beat her stroke.:confused: Try to get her photo to stay up again.

DSCN1707.JPG

Marie just fed her a bunch of the chicken she cooked yesterday and she still standing looking at her wanting more :D

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

She doesn't like the new arrivals though, they scare her, who can blame her.:eek:
    But she still has a spring in her gait. And loves our walk to mailbox and the trails.

Jake Smith likes this.