We May Be Getting A Couple Dogs This Morning

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Well I';m so good at highjacking threads I got lost for a minute, I was wondering what Molly was doing on this thread,lol.

I got Leos ears cleaned, he sure didn't like the vinegar, but I've been using that for 40 years and all my dogs lived long lives with clean ears.

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

Of course Foxy for looking for an exit soon as she smelled the vinegar. Her ears look ok but she sure is in for some training, I told her to stay 20 times? :mad:, The storm just blew big limbs off Cedar tree, hope no more on the fence. So these dogs are not having a good day nor am I.

Jake Smith likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Foxy ears are done with a little help from some cheese. She was good like her brother Leo was, no problem, just a little spastic but that's her personality. They see vet for annual shots in a couple weeks. She didn;'t like the vinegar and Old Molly came out to investigate, smelled the vinegar and made a fast exit. I've been cleaning Molly's ears for 15 years so she knows the plan. Of course Jake helped me with the cleaning by holding her head. Now she runs by me and gives me a dirty look.Leo was more forgiving.

Jake Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

share1.JPG

Leo is a real handful and wants to take off with our chair towels, even though he knows I get mad and fuss at him, then I put him in the back yard he still keeps on grabbing them and take out to the yard. :( We got two 50 ft. leads to start their training but haven't gotten around to it yet. Wish I was younger but so much for that. :rolleyes:

Jessica Morgan and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Leo is aggressive to Foxy. She will not leave him alone until he hurts her so we have to teach both of them her for instigating and him for putting holes in her and hurting her neck! We have two long lead lines now. He is getting worse about hurting her. I've watched videos like below so now its time for some work. We keep one in frony yard other in back, but I don't want two dog yards.

Jake Smith likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Leo and Foxy are about to get a bath for their vet appt for annual shots.

Jessica Morgan and Jake Smith like this.
  7. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

11-22-2022 Foxy and Leo update, we went to the vet and got their shots, and it's amazing all the heads Leo turns. Every time we go, people always say Leo is absolutely beautiful. No kidding over five people in the vet's office said it again today, and this old guy just kept saying, he looks just like Bruno, my dog that just died at eight y.o., he has such a beautiful head on him, looks just like Bruno, I can't get over it.

No kidding I had told Marie about it last time, but not sure she believed me, but she got to see it today.:) And the assistant and vet, said they can't believe the transformation in both of them, they look fantastic and Leo is the one who had a blood transfusion because he was dying and he was anemic, being so malnourished. We said really, I don't know and she said hold on let's check his chart. She came back and said, yes he had a full blood transfusion because he was dying. Then went on about the guy that we had got them from, and Marie had just told me on the way, don't you be saying anything about the one we got them from, because he probably couldn't help what he has done, to them. So all the things she kept telling me about him, I just said yeah um hum, over and over. But it was a shock to hear even worse things about them. Again she said I'm so glad y'all have them now and they look great. :)

Leo weighs 54 lbs, and Foxy 47 lbs, today.:)

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yvonne I'm reading back over this thread to see where we were and where we are now. Thanks for th good advice you and others here gave us during this first year. It will be a year in a couple months, time fly's.

Yvonne Smith and Dwight Ward like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Mary, don't know how I missed this, and we now are up to 13 chickens.10 are pullets Barred rocks almost 4 months.3 SEXLINKS ,BLACK almost 5.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Miss Nice Guy has left the building! The looter thug's have chewed up their last tail light. First got the taillights on the boat "twice", now they chewed the utility trailer tail light. I'm going to bring them to the scene of the crime and FIRMLY rub their nose into it and see how appetizing that is!
    They have chewed the back screen door up, 4 dog beds, my two swan yard ornaments, the pipes off the AC unit, we bought them toys and they have an acre yard to run in plus each other to play with. Chewed up the kids swing set, etc,etc,etc,.
    I won't do any real physical damage, but they won't want to look at a taillight for a while, I hope.
    I may change their names 'again' to Antifa and BLM.
    I may take pictures and put them up later.

Dwight Ward and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Pictures of destruction,
    My beakless flamingos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AC unit we fenced off then they chewed the fence

[​IMG]

Utility tail light,I'm going to reintroduce their nose to,
    [​IMG]

dog beds one of 4 they got hold of,2 had to be thrown away.
    [​IMG]

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery: Maybe you need to call Cesar Millan (the Dog Whisperer). ;) He might have an episode on how to stop chewing. I used to watch his show a lot even though I have never had a dog.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

other utility trailer light they are eyeballing,
    [​IMG]
    Lawn furniture they chewed on legs and table top.

[​IMG]

Jake Smith likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have always found that cayenne mixed in a little cooking oil and rubbed where they chew seems to help. One lick or so, and they do not want that taste anymore.

They should grow out of in in another few years as they get older, but hopefully, you can discourage them before that length of time.

Might be that they are getting too much protein in their food, which makes dogs hyper and want to chew stuff, too. The high protein is for active dogs, so if you do not want active dogs, regular food seems to work better, at least it has for me.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

We tried that and they said " thanks for the snack".Just kidding, although they didn't like it and it worked for a while they decided to give it another try.
    I know rubbing their nose in poop works for them pooping near the house rgwt don't do that anymore after I rubbed their nose in it.,