What Happens To Obamacare When Pres. Obama Leaves Office

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Krissttina Isobe, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here's the video on Trump's statements regarding cutting Social Security, and here's an article complaining about Trump's refusal to consider Social Security cuts. The ACA is another matter, and it makes perfect sense to gut that mess. The Affordable Care Act doesn't care whether someone can afford to pay or not, as on top of being unable to afford unreasonably high prices for insurance plans with deductibles that are themselves not affordable, the ACA imposes fines. That's like promising a new car for everyone, then requiring that everyone buy a new car or pay a heavy fine. You're not really providing it, you're forcing them to buy it whether they can afford to or not.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is my idea on that. If Donald Trump would succeed Obama as president, I think the so called Obamacare will be abolished and be replaced with an equitable health care that would be fair for everyone. Being fair and equitable means you do not think only of the poor or the marginalized, you have to think of all the constituents. But if Hillary or Sanders would be it then maybe that Obamacare has a chance to continue existing. But if you would ask me, I'd rather have it shelved.