What Kind of Coffee Maker is Best?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you, Yvonne, and yes coffee does seem to help me in a few ways, first with energy then with COPD it helps clear my lungs.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is the link to the Teeccino herbal coffee website, @Marie Mallery . This will show you what is available, and you can also buy it on Amazon, which is what I do.
    They make all sorts of different combinations, and some of them are probably for helping with energy. You can get it to brew like coffee, or in tea bags. I noticed that there is one with maca root in it, and that is one of the herbs that Bobby takes and he puts it in his workout drink mix for energy.

If you have never tried bulletproof coffee, that will also give you a huge burst of energy in the morning, and helps memory function as well. I have made it with butter, which is the actual recipe; but I have found that for me, adding the pure coconut oil is much better because coconut can cross the blood-brain barrier and feed your brain the MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) that helps brain and memory function.

https://teeccino.com/

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks Yvonne, i need to order some of the coconut oil too. I'll go there and place order while they hopefully still have it in stock.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Not to wander far afield, but I've been reading more and more about how coconut oil provides the brain the triglycerides that it needs to ward off dementia (and how statins my be robbing it.)

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

They have been telling me to take statins for years, my triglyceride's have been high in the 400s since I was 26 till this year they came down to only over 200, I never taken any med for it but will check out the coconut oil like Yvonne said she does.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

I have been making my chicory instant coffee mostly now, and several times I put the pan on to heat the water, wandered off and forgot it and it was boiling away when I remembered. I am worried that I could forget it for too long one of these times, so I started looking at the electric kettles.
    The more I looked, the more I found !
    Anyway, I discovered that they have some with several pre-sets for different coffees and teas, and you can have it keep the water hot after you get your coffee for when you want to warm it up again, or make another cup.

I had fun browsing for quite a while and decided on one that holds about a quart, has several presets, and was on a Lightning Deal at almost half off; so I grabbed that one and will have it next week.
    It is small, so will not take up a lot of space and can replace the little 1-cup coffeemaker I have been using, since I can make pour-over coffee with this instead.
    Here is what it looks like.

AAD254AB-85F3-4C73-9441-6CE137204149.jpeg

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It looks pretty.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. John Brunner

Where did you get it? The Asian teas I make each brew at different temps (only black teas likes boiling water.) That looks like a nice unit.

9. Yvonne Smith

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

Ordered.

Thank you. I have one with the same setup where you lift the pot off of the plugged-in plate, but it does not have a thermostat. It boils the water, then it shuts off. All this stomach stuff has me shunning the coffee, so a variable-temp pot like this will help.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

My electric kettle arrived tonight, and I already love it !
    It heats the water really fast, and shows you the temperature as it is heating up. I used my pour-over filter and made a cup of the French roast Teeccino, and it turned out so perfect, and it is easy to pour with that little spout.
    Now I have it keeping the water hot in case I want a refill tonight.

That is something that I really like about the Teeccino herbal coffee and the Chicoraya chicory coffee; since there is no caffeine, and it has healthy benefits for your digestive system, liver and kidneys, I can have a cup as often as I want, and as late at night as I want.

John Brunner and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. John Brunner

I received mine this afternoon. I've not made any drink with it yet, but I've done the "boil two pots" prep. It boils the water FAST!!! It's way faster than the other one I've got, and it's faster than the one on my gas stove. Tonight I'm gonna try some of those ginger root tea bags I bought.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

I kind of liked the pour-over coffeemaker we bought while we were in Arlington. With the Turkish grinder, it made some pretty good coffee. But the glass on the coffeemaker chipped, I think the second day we had it, so we didn't bother bringing it home with us. If I buy another one, it will be a better one, but I'm not sure if it makes sense to do that. I'd be using it downstairs, so I'd probably buy an electric water heating thing to use with it, since our kitchen is upstairs, but I don't really need another coffeemaker. Of course, the problem with me is that once I get it into my head that I might want to buy something, I'll order it in a weak moment.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

If you are making just a cup at a time, you do not need those glass containers to make it in. I just use my regular coffee mug with the reusable filter cone on top of it.
    The nice thing about this electric kettle is that you can choose the exact degree you want the water heated to, and it is perfect for all kinds of tea and coffee, instant hot cocoa, or soup.
    It heats up super fast, so you can turn it on, and by the time you get the tea or coffee out, the water is hot enough to make the coffee.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Usually, if I am going to have just one cup of something, I'll opt for tea. When I'm drinking coffee, which is often, I go through at least a pot a day, and sometimes two.