What To Do With The Extra Money?

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Denise Evans, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I think this has really helped me most Vada, you are so right and yes, so much more available, especially transportation if my truck holds out. So many more social activities available for Seniors there. The apartment is in a Seniors-only, over 55, and has amenities galore. Also within a couple of miles of lots of doctors to choose from, and dentists, and as much within 30 miles, all busy freeway of course.

Big adjustments to make, but I think you hit the nail on the head. I'll let you all know my final decisions, and really so appreciate all the help :) Denise

I'll

2. Denise Evans

Registered

My little truck is something I'm very attached to as well, and I'm so glad I never have sold it when many have wanted to buy it. I bought it new in '94 and have kept it maintained, needed a new paint job, and 2 clutches so far, and a few other things, but it's worth more to me just knowing it inside and out pretty much ;) Like I told @Vada Bloom I think my focus will be on all the benefits of being closer to much, better hospitals, and well, much more opportunities all around. The Sonoma Valley is beautiful, but lots of adjustments, not easy like when I was young, but I know I can do this if I truly decide to go for it.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Denise Evans , what to do with extra money?? Send it to me, I'll take care of it for you. ;):)

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have had people just come up to me and ask if I wanted to sell my old truck.o_O They are easier to fix than the new computer based stuff, apparently.
    I don't use if for long trips, only to pick up stuff for the farm but I need something for that and won't be buying anything new. I guess if we keep them up and change the oil every so often, they will take care of us.
    AND
    They won't be bothered by an EMP. :rolleyes:

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have an easy answer as to what anyone can do with extra money.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Well thank you Shirley that'll take care of the whole situation

7. Denise Evans

Registered

You too Ken maybe I should split it between you and Shirley though that would be only fair

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken gets 40%, I get 60%..... just to be fair. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What is this "extra money" you all are talking about? I'm not familiar with it. :D

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So you cleaned behind the couch cushions?

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, who would have thought I could save up that much in such a safe place ;)

12. Denise Evans

Registered

Thank you for this @John Brunner good to know although I doubt my SS will ever be high enough to be taxed, but nothing would surprise me as far as the Internal Revenue Service, or the greedy in this country.

Lately I've almost been ready to send my "extra" to someone else. I realize more and more I'd rather have less money than more. It's why I don't play the lottery, having a lot of money sounds like a nightmare to me :eek:

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

A lot to be said for hanging onto a good rig ;) I wouldn't want all those bells and whistles new cars/trucks have. I'm to ocd and would be playing with everything and forget how to drive safely :eek:;)

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

All I think about with those new bells and whistles is how much it costs for repairs. I was reading an article about a guy with a Ford truck that is a couple of years old. One of his tail lights got condensation in it and the bill to replace it was $6,000. For a TAIL LIGHT. Apparently all those parking sensors, blind spot alarms, blah, blah had to be replaced because of the moisture.

15. Denise Evans

Registered

That's a huge factor in my reasons for not going in debt on a newer automobile ;) My truck is much easier to afford parts. I keep a savings account just for emergency expenses. I think I've actually saved myself money by keeping my little, stock pickup :) I've heard a few folks comment on cost of parts/replacements, not to mention the labor costs!