What Was The Beginning Of The End Of America? Ask History

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Marie Mallery, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thats right no " frontier" no reason to come to America, My ancestors created and died for. How about yours? Sis they just walk in and reap, or did they contribute to our nation?

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I think the end of America began when they started paving roads. We should all be allowed to decide if we want the road in front of our property paved or not. If we had stuck to the horse and buggy we wouldn't have needed to pave all these roads to begin with. Next thing it was sidewalks.

3. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

we must accept what's happening...fast...unless we're ready to take up arms...i am just going to focus on food production and sustainable living til i can't go anymore...God Bless you always

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

That is kind of IT. There is such division of labor that no one can take care of themselves anymore. Have to buy all our food, have techs fix our transportation, paint our house, kill bugs in and on our house....
    I remember how my brother actually liked to split wood. No one is learning to do that now (except my youngest who understands what I tell her and knows how to do a lot of things, to be self sufficient, if needs be. And like me, if I don't know how, I figure a way around it.) She is also a pretty good hand with technology. AND can do arithmetic.
    She is dating and Indian who can flint knap and work leather even better than she does. knows weeds and can drive heavy machinery. Daughter loves my loader.
    One time she thanked me for letting her grow up as she did.
    The first time I saw her as different from other girls, she was playing with some dried dead mice when we were putting in an outdoor entrance to the basement.
    :p
    She collected bones by the river and learned to skrim and carve them. Went to taxidermy school--and she said I always encouraged her. (I don't remember 'always' but I was a loner outdoorsy kid too, so understood) She said lots of folks were grossed out by her hobbies but she is definitely self sufficient.
    Glad there are Teresa Levitts and Cathys

Marie Mallery and Hoot Crawford like this.
  5. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

you are truly blessed with a like minded daughter...thank God for people like you hon

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I think the beginning of the end was the internet, coupled with all the electronics (phones, video games) that have stolen our children. Where else do so many radicals have such an audience? Between the crazies and the "fake news," life stays in a continuous uproar.

Mary Stetler and Hoot Crawford like this.
  7. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good afternoon to all

People see what they want to see. I saw lots of immigrant kids in my classes who were working hard to learn the language and become citizens. and many of them did and many of them are contributors to our society. i saw kids who ate their only real meals of the day at school. And many of them are working and contributing members.
    And those who see the "old Days" as totally better- well, I've split firewood- lots of it. I've baled hay by hand- lots of it. I've written articles and sent the paper copy in by mail along with paper photo prints I processed in a lab- lots of them. and what I have now is better- lots better.
    And what was "The Beginning of the End of America"? It ain't happened yet, folks. We're still here, and we're still working, and we're still the best in the world. and that's what my dear, beautiful daughter in law from India (who has just become a citizen- hooray!" tells me.

Maybe we should look for what's out there instead of just seeing what we want to see.

good day to all- Ed

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

If you own the road in front of your property, then yes you will have the right to object.
    The government tax money has always been legal for roads, but then I'm sure you know that.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Boone was born in the 1700's so you probably wouldn't have known what it was.
    Your right about people not being self-sufficient now.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

This is so true, and that would be a losing battle.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Sure a huge part of it.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Unlimited immigration is not legal in any nation on earth, a nation with no borders is not a nation.
    In order to have a nation you have to have borders and culture, and those who come should assimilate into that system. Otherwise, chaos occurs.
    Why would anyone want to come here if not for America being civilized, safe and productive? Personally I like immigrants from India and Asia whom most like education and work, I don't know of many of these immigrants on welfare [ which was the main subject]. I doubt your DIL would expect us to speak Hindu most I know speak English well.
    Although I don't agree with your no border stand, or all the world should be allowed to come in. I doubt your DIL would like to live in that type of nation any more than I would.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

A short video below is what I'm talking about. Why work anyway if the government will support you? That or The Cartels, they protect you or a family member can sell drugs or even humans for income.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My son is a building contractor and he says the exact same thing as the guy on the video. He can't get crews to show up for work.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The beginning of the end political wise was when the scumbag slick willy was impeached and he refused to leave, next came the shrew hitlary and her criminal mind. You have one scumbag diddling the help and the other busy buying our FBI and Intel for her own criminal assault for the Throne. I fail to mention the hundreds of millions taken from poor countries who had leaders as poor as the two degenerates from America. Of course slick willy evaded the draft like all the other scumbag worthless of America. He was able to escape his service by simply not having a mailing address while living outside the US. To think Patriotic young Americans had to salute the two A+Ws. There were so many crimes committed while slick willy was in office it would take a year to prepare the paper work. One that comes to mind was the murder of innocent women and children at WACO, using armored vehicles for a simple warrant serving. Meanwhile old corrupt congress thieves were caught open mike giggling like children at the murders. I could go on but I just hope history assigns a proper description for all their criminal activities and list all the property they all stole while destroying us. Finally I hope their coffins have a tiny hole so that every worm known to man kind has a happy meal. History of course is the true judge. I continue to ask myself, don't we have someone better than this.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.