What Was The Beginning Of The End Of America? Ask History

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Marie Mallery, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

it's great that you can split and chop wood.

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Johnson was a rather large scumbag as well. Nixon made the papers as a scumbag (getting us entrenched with China) puppet with Kissinger pulling his strings.
    The set up of the Federal Reserve basically doomed us as a Nation. Good people don't generally want to run for office. It is either a sacrifice or a really good pay off, depending on your morals.
    But Ed Marsh is right about the 'good ole days'.
    Right now, even the poorest of us lives better than the kings and people of the middle ages.
    Watching some old movies and thinking of the first thing you did when you got up, or the second anyway, was to break the ice in your wash basin...

3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm not quite that bad but close. I woke up at 4 and got up at 4:30 because I was wanting to see if my water had frozen over night. It was slightly lower than 32 here but there is still a lot of wiggle room if it freezes nearer to dawn than soon as the sun goes down. I also was wondering if those 4 kittens were still in my bathroom, they have their own entrance under my shower which is fine with me. They were there so I fed them early so as to not make them come outside to the front porch and stand in the ice. Frost but still ice !! The Mother was no where to be seen so I checked about an hour ago while I was fixing my breakfast and she and the 4 little ones were all sitting there on the front porch. I gave them all warm milk and another can of food. They're all good to go for the rest of the day. I had chili and rice for my breakfast, something that would stick to my ribs. Finally soon as I had coffee this morning I removed the top from a little 2 shelf hutch that the 3 cats inside had been sitting on top and eating and sleeping and enjoying. I lay it across my two radiators so all three could sleep on it instead of all sitting there upright with a sweat shirt on top to keep their feet from getting to warm. They are all passed out now laying on that new top. ;0) It was cold this morning and tonight some light rain. I am glad those little cats can come in out of the cold and wet when it gets bad and I don't worry about them now.

4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

It's a shame isn't it we also see signs in windows " Help wanted " on business's everywhere we go now.
    Good thing all those illegals are still "doing the job s Americans won't do" like so many open border advocates have said.

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I have to say that most of the workers my son can get that are skilled (laying tile, painting, etc.) are hispanic. Not sure of their immigration status but they have to provide a social security number to work for him. Also, the crew that maintains our lawn is 4 Mexican men and one white guy; I never inquired about their immigration status and we pay them in cash monthly. They never fail to show up and they do a good job.

We had some brick work done on our house a few years ago; the workers were hispanic. Same when we had our windows replaced. These were hired through local companies that are licensed and bonded, so I have no idea what the status of those workers was but they did good work.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

It is a whole new world and nation so lots of people prefer foreigner workers over Americans who cost too much or just won't work anymore.

8. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Here's the thing about foreign workers. An American businessman or contractor has to pay taxes on workers, foreign nationals that have a business do-not hire Americans nor English speaking workers. Americans can't compete with foreign contractors because they hire people who are all illegal and pay no Taxes on them. It goes much deeper than people recognize. The foreign business owner can get filthy rich and pay cash for real estate and anything he wants. It is illegal to hire an illegal and help an American starve. I don't believe an American can't be found to do the work, that old fib was started by the very people that invite these illegals in to take our jobs as long as they get that vote.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Quit making it more profitable for them not to work and they'll take a job. I know someone who got on SSI years ago for a mental health problem. His disability has improved considerably and would, in my opinion, be enhanced by a job, but he doesn't want to take a job because he'd lose his SSI benefits.

10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I was going to say something like that. Welfare and SSI should be safety nets, not permanent payouts if the situation can change. But there is no process to skillfully undo the payments. And people will prefer not to do work if they get money to stay home or do what they want.
    I can tell some stories about the Department of Vocational Rehab that I lived through. Those 'working for' the government should be ashamed too!
    Workmens comp is a tangled mess.
    If there is a way to get gov't money, people will.
    Why not? Their representatives get rich that way.:mad:

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a large number of Hispanics in the area near us, and they seem to all work, take good care of their kids, and you can tell the guys from the girls.
    They don’t wander up and down the road yelling obscenities like both the black people and the white people do, or playing rap music from a boombox on their shoulder, either.

I believe that they do take a lot of jobs here, and especially in construction and back parts of restaurants. Many of them can barely speak English (if at all); so any job that would necessitate communicating or even understanding a person speaking English, is simply not a possibility for those people.

While I do not like the idea that people can simply walk/sneak into this country, I am impressed with most of the ones we have near us, and would like to see them be able to assimilate into America and be accepted.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, believe it. My son can't find anyone willing to work in construction crews these days. My husband went to help him finish a job earlier this week because his "crew" didn't show up.

13. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good morning to all- That's not all I can do.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Mary Stetler likes this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

I guess all should be very happy since over 30 million illegals in last 5 years are here to stay, million's more coming.
    I am complexed that I've never read about a population so jubilant about being invaded and their children's future changed by other's.,

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

We can't do a thing about it and I'm a fool for pretending the naked truth is clothed so I'm going to try " again " to stay out of politics.