What Was The Last Thing You Lost

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Nancy Hart, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The last thing I lost was two wedding bans, at the same time, while wearing them. One of them, we had just bought, a few months before, I lost it too. Looked everywhere for them thinking, I'll find them, since the last time; I lost one of them I found it in the back of the truck bed. Feels like there still on my finger after wearing one for so many years.

2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

At least you aren't wearing it around your neck :D

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I lost a garlic press, too. I kept it in a kitchen drawer. When Bubba got old enough, he loved to ramble in my kitchen drawers. I moved it because I was afraid he would hurt his fingers with it. I've not seen it since. I have tried to look in all the possible places I might have put it. No luck. I finally bought a new one but that didn't help find the old one.

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

The rest of the story...
    Similar thing just happened to me. The picture I posted showed the stand made to hold the belt sander upside down to smooth hooves. The stand was also missing. o_O Last time I used it to trim hooves would have been Rusty, in February 2020. It was in the barn. :rolleyes: Still runs in spite of heat, cold, and humidity.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I hope I'm not repeating myself here...I've walked through my creek looking for arrowheads, and I've been on the web watching vids & reading articles on the types I should find in this region. Some guys talk about hunting for them at night with a flashlight so as to limit/focus where they look...there is no distracting peripheral vision in the dark. Others have spoken of taking vids or pictures as they walk along looking, and then viewing the vids/pics of their walk on their computers by way of taking a second look. Part of the reason is to look at stuff from a different angle, and part of it is that the camera picks up the refracted light different than our eyes do.

Of course there's also the scenario of our keys being out in plain sight, yet our mind pulls up a pic of an empty coffee table from memory.

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I've used the flashlight approach, both with and without an actual flashlight. It really does help to focus on a small area. But takes a long time covering every square foot of the house that way.
    Yikes! That's something I've never thought of. One problem is my mind wanders while I'm looking. I guess I get bored after a while.

8. Connie Benton

Connie Benton Well-Known Member
    Registered

My husband in Walmart

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband and I both got lost in MD Anderson on Monday. I swear that place is like a giant maze and bigger than the Atlanta airport.

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The last thing I lost was my patience with stupid people.

11. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We listen to radio at night to counter the ear ringing, a lady who advertises always has a cute saying,this is one she was saying this week or so,

" The days of wonder, wonder where my glasses are, wonder what I did with my keys, ... [Now I'm wondering what the rest of her saying was?:rolleyes::confused:]

12. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Llano Texas is where you find arrow heads as well as spear heads. 50 years ago there was a little restaurant in town that had all the walls covered with the finds. It is about 90 miles northwest of San Antonio where it intersects the highway heading to Fort Stockton. The Indians followed the river and were always moving not staying in one spot too long. One of the most beautiful places in Texas. My Brother was standing out in the middle of the river about waist high and two deer crossed the river directly behind him, he never even saw them. In the mornings at our campsite there would be large groups of wild turkeys walking through.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

There's always a sense of "This is where I truly belong" when I'm in places like that. In the spirit of the topic, that's one thing that shall never be lost.

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Nothing more beautiful and entertaining as nature. Of course I liked the city also.

Jake Smith likes this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Just now, it is attack of the humming birds. I have a lot of monarda and other things that attract them and they are territorial so they fight over flowers.
    They also duel with their reflections in the windows.o_O