What Would You Warn People About Who Were Thinking Of Moving To Your Town?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 8, 2023.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In Huntsville, a person could practically walk across it on the rooftops of medical establishments, high tech buildings and churches.

One should have a good grasp of Spanish, Guatemalan, Hindi, Farsi and be able to interject an F bomb in their own language or English between every two or three words in a sentence. Note that I did not include the anbility to speak English. Only 1 of our direct neighbors speaks English.

There are a lot of tornadoes. Madison county Alabama probably has more tornado watches and warnings in a year than any other county in the U.S.
    Here, a safe space has everything to do with a tornado and nothing to do about being offended.

Speaking of the word offended, deliberately offending someone here generally means that you’ll probably be deliberately shot or get a fist in the face.

During any kind of inclement weather, people go 15-20+ MPH faster on the streets and highways than what is posted. It keeps our taxpayer funded emergency people busy and….
    As it is with a NASCAR race, everyone enjoys a good wreck.

Everything that is visible and can be carried off that isn’t locked up or nailed down, will be stolen.

If Nuclear War ever breaks out, because Huntsville is the home of the Redstone Arsenal, we will be one of the first to get wiped out.

Long and short, for a city, Huntsville, Alabama is a pretty good place to live.

Lois Winters likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Both extremely funny and pretty truthful also.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I have friends who fell in love with Huntsville at first sight, but, upon learning what is based there, decided to move elsewhere.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought of another. Whenever there is a thunderstorm expect the power to go off, or at least flicker. Too many tree-huggers in town. They even hug invasive species, like water oaks.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Since we've already got an apartment in Henderson, later I will put a short Review of the complex we've lived in now (today) for 4 years. I will highly advise seniors not to move in. Why?

Very thin walls and ceiling. We have TV Ears, so, when we use them, nobody can hear our tv and, since we live on a bottom floor, nobody hears us walking around. When the carpet is taken out of an upstairs apartment, like the one above us was for the young residents that live there now, we can hear them walk. Sound like the young lady is walking like an elephant, but that probably due to her weight.

There are young residents here that have very loud vehicles. IOW, sounds like no tailpipe or muffler.

And, last, but not least, this complex is the most unfriendly one we've ever lived in. We have to say "Hi" or "Good Morning" to anyone first.

But, Bottom Line is this..........."It is what it is!"

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh long as you live in apartments there will be issues. We hit nice as people in our unit had been there very long time..until the end when the people upstairs lest after 13 years,then the couple with their oversize dogs moved in.
    Your gonna have to compromise some how. But wish you luck

Krystal Shay and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Jo Askerne

Jo Askerne Active Member
    Registered

Don't let your dog eat anything off the sidewalk because it's probably fentanyl.