What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I had NO idea what to make for supper.........

Eventually I took out from the freezer some B/S chicken breasts that I had previously marinated before freezing.. I put them on the BBQ frozen with nothing as they are marinated already..
    I had a lettuce, red onion, green pepper, mushrooms and I scraped a carrot to make a salad..
    I made my own dressing with EVOO, red wine vinegar, dash of dijon, dash of S/F syrup..
    Dessert: Frozen blueberries slightly thawed with sour cream and some sweetner..
    A pot of Folgers Decaf..
    I don't think my Princess starved..

Ruby Begonia and Lara Moss like this.
  2. Steve North

Registered

Something in the oven for sure..
    We are getting ready for a BRUISER of a snow storm up our way... They are predicting up to 50 cms of the white stuff in one storm with violent winds as well..

Perhaps a meat loaf which is comfort food..

3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Norwegian Salmon. Kale salad…I always message the leaves until bright green instead of steaming them…then I add a dressing of balsamicvinegar/oliveoil/garlic and sometimes cranberries and walnuts, or sesame seeds and almonds. Half a banana for dessert (potassium keeps me from having swimmers cramp in leg).
    Gotta' love this guy...
    879a988fbed81bff65e4a54a2e026e6b.jpg e1ba27c3145f839159da9fb3d20c0e46.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Joe Riley and Ruby Begonia like this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've had an absolutely exhausting hard day...got home and hubs said why don't we go out for dinner.?.but honestly I just don't have the energy.. I just wanted something easy and quick ( hubs doesn't cook..I mean never ever cooks) and he' been at home all day today, he doesn't return to work until Next week..so I had to make it myself...Soooooo, having little energy I just oven baked a dozen tempura King prawns , chopped the tails off, spread them with Greek taramasalata and popped them into a Corn Tortilla wrap!!

Joe Riley, Lara Moss and Ruby Begonia like this.
  5. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday I made 2 dishes;

Pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. I rubbed the pot roast w/ a mix of garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and small amount of cumin. With that we had steamed broccoli tossed with fresh garlic which was browned in butter.

I also made a fish and clam chowder using cod and ocean perch with the clams, a bit of smokey bacon, yellow onion, celery, potatoes, black pepper and scallions. Enjoyed that for lunch and will again tonight for supper.

Sheldon Scott and Lara Moss like this.
  6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Leave the porch light on. I'll be right over Ruby! Sounds amazing. Smoked paprika on eggs and roasted whole chicken is YUMMY.

Holly, I'll have to check out Greek Taramasalata. I love Tempura King Prawns. I lived 3 years in Japan so how can I not :)

7. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Bleu cheese with chocolate is new to me, but I'll bet it's good.

8. Ruby Begonia

Registered

@Lara Moss, I've never tried smoked paprika on eggs and that sounds good. The porch light is on!

9. Steve North

Registered

My porch lite is definitely closed due to a GIGANTIC snowstorm we are presently having... This is NO joke with about 40cms of the white stuff coming down..

Supper tonight will be something in the oven if we still have power, otherwise it will be something on the BBQ as it is the only source of cooking without power..

Breakfast: Bowl of porridge with cottage cheese and sour cream for me
    3 egg omelette with 2 slices of Turkey bacon for my wife..

10. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Wow Steve, that's almost 16 inches of snow! Hope you don't lose power and please be careful!

11. Steve North

Registered

Time for supper tonight thoughts...
    Again I have NO idea what to make however the idea of a BBQ is high in my mind.. Just shovel a bit of snow and I am good to go to get to the BBQ.. Not cold at all.. -10c with little wind is lovely..
    I have some lovely veal rib steaks that I am thinking about.. They are frozen but that doesn't matter..
    Veggies... I can make a salad, steamed green and yellow beans with sour cream, steamed broccoli with a garlic butter and sesame seeds, mushrooms, green peppers and onions in the skillet with herbs and spices, or warmed up stewed tomatoes with fresh basil......
    Dessert: jello with heavy cream..
    My supper menu just came to life....... NO STARVATION FOR MY PRINCESS ONCE AGAIN !!!!!!!!

12. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll be making two new recipes tonight... looking forward to it! :D I'm doing Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken Tenderloins served with Sticky Rice and the side dish will be Brussels Spouts Gratin (w/ shallots, Gruyere cheese, etc.) I have been trying tons of new recipes over the last year or so, and no flops yet. (Hope that doesn't cause me to mess up tonight's meal!) :rolleyes:

Sheldon Scott and Ruby Begonia like this.
  13. Ruby Begonia

Registered

I've been meaning to try a Brussels sprouts gratin, Mari and Gruyere is just the best for gratins; I love it. Let us know how it turns out please?

14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That does sound good! I've had roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic and balsamic vinaigrette but not au gratin.

Wow Mari, your dinner sounds impressive compared to what mine will be. It's only 2:05 here but I'm dieting so I already know what I'm having.

This veggie mix which is 160 calories for the whole bag and a fried egg with it.

image.jpg

15. Amy Read

Amy Read Veteran Member
    Registered

For our dinner tonight I will prepare and cook Seaweed Soup with Beef and Tofu with garlic, chili, onion leeks, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. A healthy kind of dish that we always love to eat.

Ruby Begonia and Joe Riley like this.