What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Everything goes in the oven- fish, tater tots, and some leftover corn souffle.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Homemade oven burgers with all the trimmings, oven baked fries, and some red grapes I just bought today. :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife was planning to make beef stew today but with her friend coming over plans might change.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll be baking a whole chicken today, with buttered parsley potatoes, and tossed salad. My belated Birthday cake will be our dessert today. :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've just made a fruit smoothie.. Organic skimmed milk, strawberries, bananas, Black grapes, and a teaspoon of Belgian chocolate..I'll drink that throughout the day instead of having lunch (it's past 2pm here now)

Last night I had toad -in-the -hole for dinner... (sausages in a batter pudding for those who don't know)

..I have no idea what I'll have to night, maybe chicken tenders...

6. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll be opening a can of soup, making whole wheat toast . I have a terrible cold and feel so tired.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry @Ruby Begonia Hope you feel better soon. Is it from the pollen? Every time there's an abundance of pollen, I get really sick, and my chest is hurting like crazy.

I didn't feel like cooking last night, so I made a nice bacon, eggplant and tomato sandwich on toasted bread. I'd already cooked the bacon and eggplant, so just piled it on the toasted bread with some mayo, and a little salt and pepper, yum.

8. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Thanks @Diane Lane , your sandwich sounds delicious! We actually got Chinese delivery last night. I had wonton soup and some chow mein.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Feel better, Ruby! Pickles and I will be working on the rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday. Last night I had a thigh and 2 wings and Pickles had the drumstick, without the bone. Probably same today. Then I usually make a chicken salad from the breast. Will give Pickles some though before I add anything to it.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Ruby Begonia

Registered

@Chrissy Page , thanks. I was up and down all night coughing. Down after a dose of Nyquil which lasts 2 hours, big deal, then up again. I'm on the couch all this beautiful day.

I do the same thing with rotisserie chickens, doggie gets her share. Now and then I'll sit on one of the lower stairs and hold a drumstick firmly and let her eat it off the bone.

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'd be afraid to do that for fear of losing a hand. :) His teeth caught my hand not too long ago when I was in a hurry to get him in the car and leave my daughter's house. Can't remember if it was his bone or toy that I tried to grab. At first it just looked like a bruise, then as I'm deicing it's looking worse and worse and bleeding.
    I had a drs appt next day anyway so I showed her and she said I should get a tetanus shot and she gave me some antibiotic for it.

Nothing worse than a cough at night!! Hope it doesn't last long.

Diane Lane and Ruby Begonia like this.
  12. Diane Lane

Registered

@Ruby Begonia Yum, I love Chinese takeout, and I'm way overdue. I might have to make fried rice this week. I actually have some chicken thighs I'm going to cook later if I feel well enough, then I can use some of that chicken later in the week for a fried rice.

I had another eggplant bacon and tomato sandwich yesterday (Sunday) for lunch, and also froze about half of the eggplant so I can do the same in the future, without having to go through the hassle of frying up the eggplant. The charcoal grill is a pain when I just want one thing cooked and don't have the time and energy to wait around for it to get ready, so next time, I might try grilling the eggplant on one of my grill pans, with a little olive oil, the way I cook it on the grill.

Sheldon Scott and Ruby Begonia like this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

I stopped by Kroger yesterday, and they had eggplants for $1 apiece (I think that's even less than last week), so I picked up two. Also, they have strawberries for $1. I don't recall the weight of the package, but it's the standard size for strawberries that I see all of the time. I grabbed two of those, as well as some other fruit. I think I'm going to try cooking the eggplant on my grill pan, unless I get a burst of energy and time enough to deal with the charcoal grill. I'll cook both at once, and freeze some of that, as well.

I did cook up the chicken thighs last night, and served them with rice and green beans. They came out really nice. I brushed them with a little olive oil, then sprinkled some poultry seasoning, thyme and rosemary on them. I prefer that to slathering them with store bought sauce, especially since I'm trying to cut back a little on sodium and MSG.

14. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Bacon wrapped pork chops, taters and green beans.

15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Just had roast beef, Roast potatoes, Swede and carrot mash, Yorkshire puddings and red wine, beef and herb gravy ...and in a minute I'm going to have some orange flavoured dark chocolate in a minute as a dessert ...:D

@Ruby Begonia ..I hope you're feeling a bit better now...xx

Diane Lane and Karen McKenzie like this.