1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's In A Mushroom

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Jayce Gray, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think Amazon also sell the ketchup itself. I don't know the quality though.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

This has constantly been in the news …it only happen in July without looking up dates

police are still not sure if she meant to kill her EX mother inlaw ..FIL and MIL sister and her husband …. ( ex MIL sisters husband has survived but needs a kidney transplant ) .I think she’s guilty as sin actually she threw a dryer down the dump after drying the mushrooms
    if she’s no guilty why do that ?
    This is in Victoria the state next to us

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-66495707

I believe mushroom sales have dropped dramatically since this happened
    Cause this woman claims she bought the mushrooms already dried. …but she dried them herself

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I went back to the Teeccino website and looked at the mushroom ones again, @John Brunner . Before, what I did was get the little variety pack, and now I remember that the ones I tried, I didn’t like all that well. The Cordyceps one has cinnamon and something else in it that I didn’t really care for the flavor of, and one of the other ones has roses in the coffee. Anyway, I looked through all of them again, and decided that i like my regular mushroom coffees better right now.

Last time, I got the Four Sigmatic “Think” mushroom coffee, and this time I am trying their “Happy Gut” selection.
    They are expensive, but since I only have one cup each day, it is affordable.
    IMG_5507.jpeg

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I've not tried any mushroom coffees. I was going through my Teeccino inventory last night and made a note to look at their mushroom coffees. This is a whole new world for me. There are a bunch of things I have never heard of, combining mushrooms and herbs each referred to as "adaptogenics," such as:

-Chaga Ashwagandha (Chaga is a mushroom and Ashwagandha is a plant)
    -Cordyceps Schisandra (Cordyceps is a mushroom and Schisandra is a berry)
    -Reishi Eleuthero (Reishi is a mushroom and Eleuthero is a shrub)
    -Lion’s Mane Rhodiola (Lion's Mane is a mushroom and Rhodiola is a plant)
    -Turkey Tail Astragalus (Turkey Tail is a mushroom and Astragalus is a root)
    -Tremella Tulsi (Tremelia is a mushroom and Tulsi is a plant)

I've subscribed to various nutrition newsletters and have been reading the subject off & on since the 80s, and have also shopped in a bunch of ethnic and health food stores, and I have never encountered any of those mushrooms or herbs/plants. This looks like a whole lot of rabbit holes.

I've got my 16-cup-a-day coffee habit down to 2 cups in the morning. Maybe I need to get rid of it altogether and start experimenting with these mushroom coffees to see if they make a difference for me. As you said, 1 or 2 cups a day is not gonna break the bank...and I already stretch my caffeinated coffee and Teeccinos with brewed chicory.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

I have never thought of mushrooms as much of anything except an ingredient on pizzas and other foods, but after reading more about it online and watching youtube videos, it looks like they can do a lot of helpful things towards healing our bodies. That little mushroom book that I posted the picture of is only 99 cents on Amazon, and it has a lot of good information about quite a few of the medicinal mushrooms.

I am also drinking chicory (the instant Chicoraya ) if i have some later in the day. In summer, I sometimes do not even have morning coffee, but as the weather gets colder in the mornings, I look forward to a hot cup of coffee first thing. It does seem like the mushroom coffee helps give me morning energy after i drink it. The Four Sigmatic is a blend of real coffee and mushrooms, so you still get that real coffee flavor. They have several different blends with different mushrooms.
    Plus, I add my Cordyceps powder and the 10-mushroom blend and a spoonful of acacia prebiotic, so my morning coffee is quite a mixture. But…… my doctor was smiling and really HAPPY with the test results yesterday…… so I will keep on with the mushrooms.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I keep a 6 cup canning jar of brewed roasted chicory in the fridge to augment my coffee, and I use the instant chicory in my evening mug of Teeccino. I don't know why I use the instant to stretch the Teeccino...they are pretty much the same price.

7. Yvonne Smith

Here is a quick little video from Dr. Gundry about three healthy mushrooms that he considers to be important, Shitake , Lion’s Mane, and Turkey Tail.
    He explains the health benefits of each one.
    If you do not want to watch the whole video, click on the little “more” tab underneath the title, and it basically tells you about the mushrooms, so you can read it instead of watching the video.

John Brunner likes this.