Whats Your Motivation For Exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Marie Mallery, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

So far I've heard nothing but good reports on it.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Mine is the same as your Marie, but right up near the top was that I wanted to look better, and be stronger to still do the things I like to do, especially outdoors.

Now I work out at the gym (I like all the equipment available) because I lost enough weight (30 pounds on Low carb - high fat Keto foods). Problem was, I looked too skinny so needed muscle building, not just for shape but for strength ;) I wanted to be able to stay independent as possible, stay off meds of any kind, and last but not least help my non-active neighbors, and keep off the diabetes meds they wanted me to take when I was diagnosed 2 years ago. I have normal A1c's labs since the 2nd month of my nutritional changes, again 2 years ago.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, that takes the cake for best answer imo :D

Shirley Martin and Marie Mallery like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, some days are better than other, and rest/recuperation is important for me too @Yvonne Smith, I think it was Bobby that mentioned "quality of life" because it isn't that I want to live on this dirt-clod hurtling through space forever, but to do as many things as I can while I'm here ;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

That is great Denese! My doctor told me I was a walking time bomb. I ask her to give me a few months and I get vitals right again. She just looked at me like, yea right'.
    I did it in less than 3 months. She said I was the only patient she has had [ of course she was at the end of med school, so not many patients at the university, maybe 1000] that did it without drugs. She was even telling the other doctors about it.
    Is it my strength or my fear? Maybe a little of both, mostly fear though.

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I wanted to try Kefir but it was way expensive here. Then I looked up how to make it, if I remember right, and I'm too lazy to go that route ;)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I thought so too.:)

Shirley Martin likes this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My main motivation is to protect my worn-out spine. That is why I target my abs and keep them super strong. I keep my legs strong for balance. I keep my upper back and over-boob muscles strong to protect my damaged shoulders and fused neck.

After cancer surgery, the doctors said my quick healing was due to my ab fitness, so the nurses started calling me Granny Six Pack, I have that reputation to uphold. I had to thank them all for not reporting on my records how I cried when they gave me those abdominal coumadin injections. Jamming a needle in solid muscle sure hurts more than in fat.

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I hear that, especially the nurses down at my clinic were so excited. I heard similar statements, like, I wished I'd see more of our patients take responsibility for their own health :) That Diabetes diagnoses scared heck outa me, I got online and started looking for alternative remedies etc. and came across ketones, and Ketosis and Insulin Resistance and I've never looked back ;)

10. Denise Evans

Registered

I just recently threw in some collagen powder to my daily routine @Marie Mallery but I don't have a "review" of anything, yet ;) Only thing that bothers me is the cost to buy a good one as I won't go cheap on supplements, I'd rather not take them if they are as pure as I can get. I get a lot of nutrition, and energy from my Keto foods, but sometimes I think I'm lacking (labs all look fine) but the things I read about collagen are something I want to see if it will work for me.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Mine diabetes were already full blown before I knew I had them so it took lots of work to get them under control, and still does.
    I like chocolate cake, Jake [ he took over my kitchen after broke back surgery, starting baking and liked it ] makes me a scratch double chocolate cake now and then. I'll freeze half and eat half, when I get craving sometimes, I almost want to cry just thinking about what that lousy baby size piece is going to cost me. At least 20 to 30 minutes of vigorous walking, stretching and weightlifting.

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Dennese I'm way too underweight now at 110, almost to the point of being malnourished. At my age'73' weight gain is not easy.

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh I didn't know you are diabetic as well Marie! I eat chocolate every day! In the form of "fat bombs" but I get a bit of sugar in them from the Sunflower Butter, coconut oil. I add the teeniest bit of stevia to the mix, then I freeze them in these cool little trays (pic below) then pop them out and into a freezer zip-lock baggie. I have one after dinner each night:)

Yes, you were up against it worse than I was, but you did it girlfriend!!

14. Denise Evans

Registered

I hear you Marie, my 110 isn't under as I'm small-boned and 5'2" but muscle, I need more muscle to firm up my loose skin from the weightloss :p

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

LOL, I'm trying, so far, it's worked for 15 years or more now. The only thing that has hurt me since are a couple doctors, but then a couple goods ones too so I am very very involved in my own healthcare.

Denise Evans likes this.