Whats Your Opinion On Womens Rights?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I am beginning to doubt have been that helpful to society in some ways at least.
    First thing we did was dump the parents and kids responsibilities off on hired help away from us. Unlike the hired help of old use to be close by in living quarters close where our supervision was possible now its further.
    And when we do get to supervise our youth its after a long day at work. Most fathers no longer have to support thier children and divorce is easy.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

All depends on what you consider "Women's Rights, @Marie Mallery. I believe women should have any opportunity that a man should have except combat roles in the military. Does it affect society? Absolutely! Women have always been the root and core of society and had the role of holding society together. The family has been the basic building block of society and that has been deliberately eroded in recent decades, as pressure is applied on women to "be everything and have everything". While this has widened their roles outside the family, it has, at the same time, reduced some of their options and produced stress in their lives.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

I wonder if the tradeoff was really worth it.

4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Womens Rights are nothing but FAIR and necessary for a civilized society

Beth Gallagher and Nancy Hart like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Andyou call this a civilized society? Lon times have not changed for the best for any of us.
    But I guess the times have changed in all kinds of ways.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery - 'all men are created equal' - see the problem here :D

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

And then there i that,lol.I just think we went too far in many ways.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery

Then, do you feel we as a society, human beings, have become progressively LESS civilized?

Frank

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yes but is it because of time or something else?
    I just more or less comment on things but not sure of much of anything can stop all these divisions.:confused:

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Once we started letting women vote, it was all downhill from there.;)

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

This topic was just another was to sew discontentment, destroy the nuclear family, and then implement the "solutions."

Those who claim that women have equal rights are the worst repressors when women make choices that their "liberators" disagree with. I worked with a woman who exercised her free will to become a stay-at-home mom when she was pregnant with her 3rd child. Our resident hag feminist openly referred to her as a "traitor."

It's the same with the race/gender card for political offices and appointees...it's merely used to promote those who tow the Leftist agenda. All others "aren't really xxxx."

What's worse is that many issues were on the way to being resolved on their own at a societal level. But then they would lose their pot-stirring/divisiveness value, so agendas were quickly formed to inflame animosity and keep those fires burning and to intentionally cause worse outcomes so as to forever have examples that the oppression is still alive & well. Of course, the flip side to this is that there shall always be people who treat others like crap, for a variety of reasons, so as long as there are humans, there shall be ways to justify the agendas...you just gotta take the outlayers and pretend that they are mainstream.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Women’s rights are being usurped by men wearing dresses ergo it’s still men who are the overlords and it would seem that women are okay with that.
    Men and boys can use women’s restroom facilities and locker rooms, take maternity leaves, compete in women’s sports and take public office simply because they call themselves female.

In short, the feminist movement has, by allowance, shot itself in the foot and is no longer a bulwark for women’s equal rights. If women do not do something about it then men will continually invade that which was previously a female’s domain.

The ladies might say, well, I can vote, I can have my own bank account whilst being married, I can negotiate my own business, I make equal money for equal work and I can drink at the bar which is all true.
    But, as an example: When scholarships are taken out of the hands specifically made for women by men wearing dresses then one woman’s rights have been usurped and when one woman’s rights have been denied then all women suffer the consequences.

It’s a stretch but to me it’s a valid argument.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

OR...the feminist movement was never created to benefit women in the first place. Like all "movements," the purported repressed groups are solely being used for the aggregation of power by others.

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Gloria Steinem speaking to a women’s group….
    This is no simple reform. It really is a revolution. Sex and race because they are easy and visible differences have been the primary ways of organizing human beings into superior and inferior groups and into the cheap labor on which this system still depends. We are talking about a society in which there will be no roles other than those chosen or those earned. We are really talking about humanism.[59]

A completely honorable stance but then we have:

Despite her influence in the feminist movement, Steinem also earned criticism from some feminists as well, who questioned whether she was committed to the movement or using it to promote her glamorous image.[62] The Redstockings also singled her out for agreeing to cooperate with the CIA-backed Independent Research Service.[62] It was also acknowledged that Steinem worked as a CIA agent when this operation was taking place.[63][6

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hahaha! That made me smile. Men never let women vote, women earned the right to vote. When women got tired of their petticoats dragging in high piles of chicken, horse, pigeon, and vagrant human poo, they started cleaning up the growing piles of feces. When good men saw what the women were doing and the good result and noticed their boots were cleaner, they begged the women to vote. :):cool: