When It's Time To Let Go, Sort Of

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

When I had a FB account I was always getting rid of the so called friends. In fact until just last week when I removed myself from FB forever - aside from three the rest were family. Had been that way for several years. I have deleted my own daughters at times. Lolo ,Mama didn't raise you that way, and if I would not listen to your whiney butt as a kid I sure am not going to read it on forum that you have on public. Always posting, how to do, could do, blah blah. these people do not even adhere these things in their own life. Religious fantastic people. The list goes on, and I was down to 26 people.
    I have spent last 32 years plus trying to help, listen, encourage, see, contact, both sides of our totally dysfunctional family - I be done. I am not disowning any of them, I just no longer think I should be the only one trying to hold a family together.
    I also remove people who wanted me to have their phone number, yet ever called me, even though I called them several times.
    So, like other things in my life at least, a good cleaning involves more than just house cleaning. ;):rolleyes::).

Faye Fox and Mary Stetler like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It definitely is off topic but how many people have to jump off of a cliff for you to decide it’s okay to jump off of a cliff ? One? Two? Ten?
    You are you and no one else. You can’t justify what you do because someone else does it.

As it is in the title of your own thread, there are some things that we all have to let go of and one of those things is the dependence many of us have on what other people do as a guide for our lives.

Mary Stetler and Mary Robi like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Hedi has done it. You going to ridicule her as well?

Gee, why did I know, without a doubt, that there was at least one member on this forum that has done it and not regretted it.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I'm not going to give you a "Like", Hedi, I'm going to give you a big "THANK YOU" for understanding us.

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I NEVER ONCE ridiculed you !!!
    AND……
    The move that Hedi made is nothing like what you are proposing !! She didn’t UNFRIEND anyone but did cancel out on the whole of FB.

READ the post in it’s entirety, understand it and move on……

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    Faye Fox likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

You were ridiculing us for "Unfriending" Facebook friends. And, what Hedi done is pretty much exactly what we've done. She got tired of certain things from friends and "Unfriended" them...............same as what we've done!

I won't move on until you agree that Hedi and I have our right, and darn near obligation, to "Unfriend" anyone we want to. Come on Bobby, just say "agree to disagree" to both of us. LOL:D

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

What the heck do you think ridicule means ???? Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they are ridiculing you! Get the definition right before you start accusing someone of doing you harm.

I never once took pleasure at your expense. I didn’t laugh at you because you no longer want your friends. I didn’t try to make you look stupid.
    If anything, I tried to advise you in the same manner as I would ANYONE whom I have ever come in contact with in ministry.

And again, Hedi was VERY explicit so you should re-read her post and stop comparing your actions with anyone else’s because her actions are NOTHING like yours.

For the third time, you’re going to do whatever you want to do whether it’s right or wrong and I don’t even know why I wrote in the first place. You’re always right and everyone else who might disagree with you is obviously very stupid and out to get you.

Faye Fox, Mary Stetler and Mary Robi like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What you actually asked in the title of the thread , was about what any of the rest of us have done, as far as unfriendlng a person in our lives, not what we thought about what you did or didn’t do.

Just because I made different decisions, for different reasons, does not make either of us right or wrong, and it in no way means that someone is ridiculing you if they made different decisions, @Cody Fousnaugh .
    If you ask someone what they would do, you can expect to hear various answers, depending on what each person would think was best for them.
    If you want the whole conversation to be about what you did or didn’t do, then there is no reason to ask other people what they would do, or have done. Just state what you did, and that is the end of the discussion.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, Bobby, you are completely right! But, let me tell you this, other than family, we don't want any friends that haven't got the same, or close to being the same, interests we do and that being: boating, fishing, rodeo, farming and ranching.

And, if we want to "Unfriend" anyone that just comments with a "Like" all of the time, other than family and a couple of my classmates, we will do it and not ask anyone permission or opinion on doing it. We know why we do the things we do, no matter who likes/dislikes what we do or not.

My wife's sister doesn't like us, her brother or her daughter/her husband drinking, but her disliking it sure doesn't stop any of us from doing it.

So, bottom line now is...........if nobody else wants to make a comment, whether they do the same or not, my thread is pretty much ended now.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ya know Cody, I’ll venture out and say that none of us have friends on FB or in “real life” that do not have one or more of the same interests that we have so you’re in good company.

Just relax and yes, choose your friends wisely and do count the one’s you have as a blessing. All of my best friends are dead and can no longer place a “like” on FB or anything else I write.
    To me, there’s never a time to let go of a friend even when they’re no longer around.

Like the song says, “ya just don’t know what you got til it’s gone”.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

"But, let me tell you this, other than family, we don't want any friends that haven't got the same, or close to being the same, interests we do and that being: boating, fishing, rodeo, farming and ranching."

So I guess at the big PRCA gala if a famous Hall of Fame roper smiles at you but doesn't comment on your western attire, you will go home and put a big X over her photo hanging on your wall. :D:D:D

Faye's Warranty: Any giving me likes for this post but not commenting will be appreciated and no one will be ignored or unfriended. :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not really, but great reply. Bobby Harris and Trevor Brazile are going in and both were terrific ropers. Trevor will probably be quite surprised at how long we've been following his rodeo career. Have to show him the pictures, on my iPhone, of him and us, that go back to 2003.