Which Is Best For Building Consensus Between People - Religion Or Science?

Discussion in 'Atheism & Antitheism' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Joseph Carl's following response is the only one that seems to have fully understood my OP .

Good science definitely yields more consensus than religion because it's readily accepted as truth - such as the existence of gravity or other scientific laws of nature that are proven with complete certainty. I would expect that over 99% of mentally competent people in the world believe in gravity, whereas we could never get such consensus with any religion.

2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

• There are supernatural beings.
    • The material universe will pass away, while the spiritual goes on forever.
    • Science is totally wrong if it is based in the flesh/temporal/false ideas like covid.
    • The after life is only for those with faith. Without faith it is impossible to please the Creator.
    • Whoever wants anything from the Creator must
    • believe that He Exists and that He REWARDS (with life, etc) those who seek after Him with all their heart.
    • True though - (one right now, so far) - there is no reincarnation.
    • It does not matter if human beings can live ethical or fulfilling lives without religious beliefs.
    • It does not matter if human beings derive their moral code from the lessons of history, personal experience, and thought.
    Do you still believe there is a lot of false-bad religion, and false-bad science confusing everyone (or most people)?

That the false-bad science and false-bad religion is dominating over God's truth? (i.e. more people are misled than not?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2021
  3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Fifteen Trillion Dollars Went a long way to getting most of the world to just "go along".
    Lon has passed, yet his questions /posts may yet be helpful.
    Simple, yes.