Who Carries Identification?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Frank Sanoica, Oct 5, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's a real problem. I wear my jacket even if it's only marginally needed. It's my purse. Carrying keys, a wallet, the notepad I keep my grocery list on, etc is a real pain in the summer. I refuse to carry a murse (male purse, not male nurse.)

2. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have ID to each heart valve that they gave me as they were replaced cause their numbered,I never thought about the bracelet.Something to look into.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Here in Maine, even if you get pulled over, they can get your DL information with a name and birthdate, so they don't get all excited if you don't have your DL with you. I don't know about Southern Maine, though, because it's more like Massachusetts.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  4. John Brunner

In Virginia, you'll get cited for driving without it, and then have some amount of time (48 hours?) to produce it.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

They can do that here if they want to, but things are a bit more relaxed.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I rarely leave the property without wallet and ID inside it. Very rarely.

When I went on Eliquis it was enough of an unknown that I got a bracelet with name, address, Eliquis, penicillin allergy on it. I figured that would be good to know for anyone rendering aid. But I quit wearing it after a short time, since I didn't notice any problem with excessive bleeding from small cuts. Things like a blood draw needle do produce bruising though.

So all in all I probably should go back to wearing it.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I told ya'll about 4 female Hispanics, [not sure which nation] a couple years ago stealing my billfold. While the come on friendly distracting me, telling me which dish soap to buy, one stole my wallet.
    I made a scene screaming for ICE, call the police and the whole store came up to see what the commotion was all about. I was madder than hell. The cashier said here it is ,it was on the floor, I said ' yes where these ^*&&%$#@ threw it. Noi more Miss Nice Guy to strangers.
    No I don't carry my wallet anymore.

Jenna Parnellson and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have a small purse that just fits my phone and a little clip with my driver license and important cards in it. I wear it over my shoulder, so someone would have to drag it off of me to steal it.
    Since I have the pacemaker, I carry the information for that, but nothing for medications that i take. If I were to travel somewhere, like going someplace for a visit with my daughter, then I do have the medic alert bracelet that says pacemaker on it, and I would were that probably if I were traveling.
    My phone has my ICE contacts, in case there was some kind of an accident, plus , my Apple Watch would notify them if I were in an accident of some kind.

IMG_6415.jpeg

9. John Brunner

I've screwed myself a few times by driving my truck around my property to get firewood and such, then I decide a trip to take the trash out would be in good order. So I load up and get on the road, not realizing that i started out doing farm stuff and did not put my wallet in my pocket.

I got smart and started keeping cash in my truck so I could at least swing by the store if needed. But it's a paranoid drive once I remember I'm without license.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

That one will work, although s little bulky in some stores where you are lifting some heavy merchandise. ,like Loews.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It works perfectly for me, @Marie Mallery . It is pretty colors, and is only about 5”X7”, so not large or heavy or bulky at all. It only holds my phone and ID and cards, and that is all I need.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

I think it is a pretty little purse and great for some. It would just be uncomfortable to have anything under my arm around my shoulder when bending, lifting some objects is all I'm saying.
    We just bought blueberry, strawberry plants that I had to practically stand on my head to pick out the ones I wanted.
    Otherwise, I'd love to have one.

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yvonne, you just gave me a great idea. My oldest granddaughter b-day is here, this would be a perfect gift for her, I was wondering what to get her.:cool:

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Where did you get it or what is the name of it?