Who Do You Think Is The Best Poster Here, And Why?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Jake Smith, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Marie. Seems like we all have our issues at this point in life. I hope you're feeling better, too.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes we do but we were worried about you last year and you did so good with it, thank goodness you won.

Jake Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree that Ike & Bill Boggs were the best! I miss their posts. Ike liked reading his "Noosepaper" and Bill had the un-nerving habit of going back and deleting posts, but they can be forgiven and admired for their open honesty.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s true about the honest way they both presented themselves but Boggs in particular was pretty straight forward about politics and religion. He knew who and what he liked and that was it.

Without looking back, I think Ike had around 3x more likes than posts and he made around a 1000 posts so that to me shows how much his writing was appreciated.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

For me, a better question would be "What are your favorite topics and posters?"

In answer to that question, I would say DIY with Von Jones, Hobbies with Frank Sanoica, Medical Journey with Beth Gallager (while I wish she had never had to start such, I admire her courage), Any topic with Lois Winters or Hedi Mitchell, and Diaries with Bill Boggs and Nancy Hart. The list could go on to include gardening with Yvonne or even bantering with Bobby. Photos of his horses and trail rides with Tex Dennis are also high on my list. Talking radio with various guys here was also interesting.

6. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree with your topic choice, hopefully, we can continue like that and hear about all the posters here and what everyone thinks of them. :)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree, and this is the way that I took the original question to mean.
    Jake has said several times that he was not trying to make any kind of popularity contest, or anything similar. It is just a thread about which posters we enjoy , and why we enjoy them.
    Like you stated, we all have different interests here, so we are attracted to post topics about those kinds of things.

Some of our people are/were such great writers that I enjoy their posts, regardless of what they are writing about, as was mentioned about Ike Willis and Bill Boggs, and definitely, Frank Sanoica (who we ALL still miss).

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

And I miss Holly and Chrissy....

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think @Joe Riley is pretty okay, too.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

The question isn't 'what would be the best title for a thread though. It sure is good to see you back Faye we control freaks need company.:p

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I miss Lon too and sure am glad I didn't let him upset me. I still like his old post in respect for him. I didn't get to know Boggs ,Ike, frank or Willis.

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.
  12. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I saw your reply and remembered seeing where he gave me a like or something, a while back and after your post, I recognized his avatar, and I went back to find what it was, but still haven't found it yet.:confused:

Marie Mallery likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

I like all of you so far, some I don't agree with on everything but most things I do., so its hard to choose just one.

Shirley Martin and Jake Smith like this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh dear, I forgot Don Alaska and Ken and Lon. There are just too many. I never read a Don Alaska post I didn't like. During the two years he was offline I had serious withdrawal issues. Lon loved taunting me with his assisted living dinner photos. He knew I hated most cooking. His boxed generic wine and mortuary talk was a bit of a buzzkill however hahaha!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

And then Hal Howl or Halberto with his shirtless photos posing with telescopes, musical instruments, and guns caught my interest. Not his shirtlessness no no no, but all his toys. His dementia must be worsting as I haven't seen much from him lately. I knew when he got into assisted living that we here on SOC were history or in second place. I hear he was giving foot massages to all the ladies with high-arched feet. :D