Who Pays When On Vacation?

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, well, well, so far, all of my wondering ended. SIL paid for our dinner today. The total check was $41. My wife told me she did ask her what we owed and SIL said, "I've got it". So, tomorrow morning, we pay for breakfast for her and us. Funny thing, but SIL told cashier "this is for me and my grandkids".

Then, she asked us if we'd seen the movie, Elvis, yet. We haven't and she said "why don't we go tomorrow and see it". Actually, my wife wanted to see the movie tonight, but I said "naw, I don't feel like it" and SIL said she needed more sleep. She was up this AM at 3:45 to have her niece take her to the airport. Will see what happens tomorrow. If the movie comes up, we'll go. There just isn't enough here to do, even for one day.

One thing my wife did notice, as well as I did, all of the wrinkles on her face. She is 78, but all of the wrinkles make her look more like she's 85. Wife and I agree on that. Guess the facial wrinkle cream she suggested to my wife to try, but my wife won't try it, isn't working for SIL either.

Concerning the movie, I told my wife, "why don't you and your sister go to the movie? I can find something at home to do." She started crying and said, "I want to be with you and my sister. I don't want any sister-time with her." So, I told her I'd go, eat popcorn, have a hot dog, drink a Coke, glance at the movie and be their bodyguard at the theater (LOL). She said "I love you that much that I want you with us." That was beautiful of her to say and me to hear!

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just to let all know, everything turned out fine. SIL is gone now and headed to a church reunion in Michigan.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Your SIL sure gets around for someone her age. Good for her.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, she's 78, but, someday, sooner or later, her "getting around" will end. In fact, she tells us that, most likely, this will be her last flying vacation, unless she has someone go with her.

As far as driving goes, there are seniors, my SIL's age and older, that won't drive freeways due to how fast drivers go today. And, as far as driving at night, I doubt it's very advisable for a senior to do that. Sometimes she does.

There just has to be a point when a senior has to be more cautious and not drive at certain times. There are seniors that don't like, and don't want to, hear that, but fact is..............a senior driving to slow can be just as dangerous on a street/freeway as a young person.