Who Would You Like To Serve As Vice President Under?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you could serve as Vice President under any past president in US history, with the knowledge you have today, who would you choose, and why would you choose that president? For those of you from other countries, feel free to substitute the equivalent in your country.

2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, that elicited untold responses, Ken.

I want to be president, fella, no veep.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I want to be Lois's VP. :D:D

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Me too

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

First, the VP would have to be voted in separately as it was years ago because I’d be the conservative VP under
    *Obama*.
    We had a republican majority in the senate and they did nothing. They sat on their hands and allowed the executive and judicial branches to take over the position of making law.
    As VP and President of the Senate, the Senate would be looking at every single executive order Obama wrote and forcing the senate into voting against many of them whilst tightening the purse strings tighter than granny’s corset.
    I’d also insist on a fact finding committee to investigate how the President and Congress people get richer whilst holding their position in government.

Yes, after my first week or so as VP, I’d be the most hated VP by the people’s employees in history and would probably be assassinated.

6. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I would go with Eisenhower, a super patriot and strategist. He didn't trust the Russians or any other communist leader. He made a state visit to Russia in his first term and they say he was standing in the window of their plane taking photographs of the military airfield that they were landing on. I have no doubt he took a lot of other photos while he was there. We had no real financial problems here at home and were in full recovery mode after WW II, the nation was on track again and everyone was working, wages were low but so was the cost of living. I read one electric bill from around 1956 and it was about 11 dollars for our little household. The water and gas were hanging in around 4 to 5 dollars. If you were bringing home 75 dollars a week after taxes you were doing great. A glass gallon jug of milk was around 90 cents and the glass jug return was 25 cents, I made a lot of Saturday show money for the Yale Theater and the Heights, just picking up milk jugs from trash cans and soda pop bottles in the ditches and trash. Life was good. Today I don't have two nickels to rub together but luckily I'm old and it has no great impact on me. It just takes longer for me to buy something. :D

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

You'd make a better one than anyone else I know. I'd vote for Eisenhower.

Lois Winters likes this.
  8. Richard Joseph

Richard Joseph Active Member
    Registered

Thomas Jefferson's Veep is my first choice.