Whoa Dude! Far Out! Possible Legalization Of Psychedelics?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Bobby Cole, Jan 24, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm sorry about your friends. I've known folks on Xanax...it's not always a good thing.

So this is a case of broken government being resolved by more government, huh? I think the last time the government (CIA) messed with Tim's Elixir, things did not end so well. And of course it's California, the land of needles and excrement.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Brits were experimenting with a program for PTSD that they called the "Nightingale Project" or something like that. They found that working in teams under low stress environments helped the returning Afghanistan vats more than anything else. I don't know what the final resolution of the program was or if it worked as well as they hoped or not.

John Brunner and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Uh huh.
    I do not remember what the movie was called nor even if I had the patience to watch all of it but it was based on someone going forward in time and everyone was pretty much “stupid” and the smartest person got to be the ruler. Everyone was high and couldn’t figure out why they were starving even though they tried to have crops……watered by some soft drink.

Now, I do not know if the whole thing was meant to be satire or something akin to Dumb and Dumber, another movie I couldn’t watch all the way through, but there was some truth to some of what was there.
    Though I haven’t totally given up on mankind, there is indeed a point when a free people have to decide what type of life they wish to live in which work or play are the two platforms and drugs and education are 2 of the planks in that platform.
    To me, taking drugs out of the equation leaves less choices kids have to make and most certainly, leaves a better adult community for kids to learn from.

We already have so many problems with prescription drugs, particularly pain killers and antidepressants, being handed out by the handfuls which patients take and get hooked on.
    My wife had a great friend who got hooked on pain killers that were prescribed to her for a bad back consequently losing her kids and a husband.
    We thought she was working her way off of the stuff but when they found her half dressed body along side a major highway, the only reason we could think of was that she had relapsed, OD’d and was disposed of like a bag of garbage.

Imagine being able to get what you want, how much you want and when you want all in the name of making ourselves “feel good” about ourselves.