Wildflower Names

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Dwight Ward, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

No snow here in fact I’ve never seen snow .

Yep when I see some countries are sweltering and it’s cold here, it doesn’t make sense.
    today as we speak at 2.30 pm it’s about
    9c ( 48f ) here with wild winds ( still ) it’s been blowing a gale for days .
    This is the rainwater catchment right across the road from my home it’s so full , the water runs out to sea where you may be able to see a pointy tree ( beach ) I just took this photo in between rain / hail 159E953F-E293-46F5-8914-102E3BEC0139.jpeg

2. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

By my mailbox flower bed there was a tall plant I almost pulled as a weed. Then I noticed these tiny white spots on the stems. I had to put on my reading glasses and look through a magnifying glass to see the flower clearly. I tried to take a picture through the magnifying glass but that didn't work. This small piece of the original photo is zoomed in a great deal. The blossoms 'walk' up the stem - one fading and the next above it blooming. It's a cool plant and probably seldom noticed by anyone.

It's the fourth wildflower I've rescued from my yard that wasn't in the store-bought mix I planted. Next year I'm not going with the wildflower mix but will hunt for the specific wildflowers I want not mixed with anything else. With the veggies I'll avoid watermelon, cantaloupe and okra which try to take over the vegetable bed. My tomatoes are not doing well but I picked and cooked up a quart of very good stringbeans.

As a novice gardener I've made every mistake I could make with my garden this year because I won't read any how-to and I won't ask advice from experienced gardeners. I learn the hard way, I guess, by just jumping into a thing I know little about. That makes for adventures.

TinyTiny.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021