Will Be Moving Again

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Not sure, but are kidding me about the "take your hat off, give her a hug and say Howdy?" At the Cowboy Ball, nobody will be taking their hat off, unless their is a pray said before the thing starts. I have never seen any guy take their hat off when talking to, or having a picture taken with Miss Rodeo America or any of the State Queens, whether outside or inside the Hall of Fame. A guy taking their hat off might have been done ions and ions of years ago, but definitely not today, except at a rodeo when the America Flag passes by the grandstands, the National Anthem sang or a prayer said.

As how we get along with rodeo Millennials, x or y gens, we are 100% fine with them. Just like we are with 4-H, FFA students. It's the non-rodeo, non-4-H, non-FFA, non-ranching young folks we just don't get along with.

Everyone that will be at the Cowboy Ball and Hall of Fame Induction are very serious rodeo fans and family of Inductees. One of the big Inductees is Trevor Brazile, whom we have followed his rodeo career since 2003. We've met him and his mom. Cindy Rosser is being Inducted and I've known her dad, Cotton Rosser, since 1985. I worked for him and his Stock Contracting Business (Flying "U" Rodeo Co) a number of times.

Anyway, I think we will find out quite a bit from talking to any of folks there. Quite a bit. Last year, Martha Josey, in her early 80's, was inducted, so there will be more than us that are seniors there.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Huh?
    You totally missed my point and ran a whole paragraph about your hat Cody. To be sure, wearing your hat or not wearing your hat isn’t going to get you any better advice from your peers. Note: peers means folks your own age and with your own interests.

I merely pointed out in a nice way that Miss whatever has no clue about what a senior’s needs might be no matter if it’s a Rodeo guy or a shoe salesman. Sure, she’s going to say that Wyoming is the bestest place in all the world and Cheyenne is the bestest city in Wyoming except for wherever she’s from.
    Of course, if Miss Rodeo Wyoming is 70 something then yeah, she might have some good advice.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, Bobby, let's clear this up and, leave the "hat" thing out.

Please note: As far as Wyoming goes, we already know where in Wyoming VA Medical is. A big/major hospital is in Cheyenne. We wouldn't be looking for senior housing, being that we can't afford that, but do know that there are seniors living in Wyoming. IOW, we've researched, online, Wyoming quite a bit. Have also researched other places/States.

We aren't depending on Miss Rodeo Wyoming to tell us, "yes indeed, move to (this or that place) in Wyoming".

We know who comes to this Induction Ceremony and there are some seniors from different parts of the U.S. that do fly in. It is a very important Induction Ceremony. One year, Miss New York even flew in from New York.

There will be people at both the formal Cowboy Ball and the Induction that will know more about rodeo than anyone on this forum and that's what we are looking for. They will know where serious rodeo fans live. As I said before, family members of Inductees and serious fans of rodeo that go to see their favorite rodeo champions inducted into the Hall of Fame. There will be plenty of seniors there, like I stated before.

Both the formal Cowboy Ball and the Induction Ceremony are extremely important to any serious rodeo fan. Anyone can tell that everyone at these two events are serious rodeo fans, not fans that will go to their local rodeo and that's it. For a lot of them, all western wear goes back into the closet until the next years rodeo. That's not us or anyone that attends these two events.

There is also a major rodeo, Pikes Peak or Bust, that is going on as well. We will be attending (front row seats) for the last performance (Finals) of that.

I've stated this many, many times over this forum "we are very, very serious PRCA rodeo fans and part of that came from my membership in that rodeo association (PRCA) years ago."

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

My kids did snot, stew on long trips...
    Think whiney tone of voice:
    It is not! It is too! 'Snot! 'Stew! 'Snot! 'Stew.....

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I look to Monty Python for all of my life advice.

Bobby Cole and Mary Stetler like this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

And cantering with coconut shells is easier than riding a horse.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I like Yvonne's reply much better than yours, Bobby. Just saying. :p

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Boy, talking about getting a head start on packing! My wife's ceramic egg and angel collection all packed up and in our storage. All crystal items in crystal cabinet packed up. At least half of our wall pictures packed up.

Part of this done during the end of winter, when it was snowy and fairly cold. Now the heat is on, with it being 97 tomorrow, so will be inside with A/C blaring and watching some "live" rodeo on our Roku.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I hope you'll be happy with your move, whenever and to wherever it will be.