Will The Hamas-israeli War Bring Ww3?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Marie Mallery, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Good one Don, you can bet "any" leaders around the world know biden is no threat. And they must also know someone else is behind him who is not much of a threat either. I think the democrats are hanging by a thread in most American's eyes, as the rest of the worlds. Thing is, some countries are happy as heck that America is divided. I'm surprised we haven't been hit with the big guns already. I'm sure it's not all the love the world's people have for America. I'm betting there's a plan to come against us, and probably soon. They know if Trump gets in, and we can manage to keep a Republican conservative as House Speaker, they'll lose a chance to nail us.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oct 18 (Reuters) - Iran has promised to provide Russia with surface to surface missiles, in addition to more drones, two senior Iranian officials and two Iranian diplomats told Reuters, a move that is likely to infuriate the United States and other Western powers.

A deal was agreed on Oct. 6 when Iran's First Vice President Mohammad Mokhber, two senior officials from Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards and an official from the Supreme National Security Council visited Moscow for talks with Russia about the delivery of the weapons.

https://www.reuters.com/world/exclu...rones-russia-defying-west-sources-2022-10-18/

AMMAN, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Jordan's foreign minister said on Thursday the country feared the worst was yet to come in the Israel-Hamas war, with no signs of success in efforts to de-escalate tensions.

A deadly rampage on Oct. 7 by Palestinian Islamist group Hamas killed 1,400 people, prompting Israel to bombard the Gaza Strip in strikes that have killed thousands and made more than a million homeless.

In remarks at a press conference with his German counterpart, Ayman Safadi said the war would have "catastrophic repercussions" and urged "protecting the region from the danger of its expansion".

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...ister-says-we-fear-worst-gaza-war-2023-10-19/

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
    Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I believe Russia has surface to surface missiles, but Iran may have additional manufacturing capacity that Russia needs. Iran's real strength is the drone technology they stole form the U.S. when they hacked the drone years ago and back engineered that. They also got night vision technology that Biden gave them when he surrendered Afghanistan. Perhaps there was some s-to-s technology there as well. The surrender in Afghanistan is what started all this, as the nations of the world saw what a weak weasel was in the White House.

4. Jake Smith

Registered

I agree with you, Don, I keep hoping things will change, and we can get a better leader, to undo some of the terrible things that they have done to us. No excuse for them leaving 85 billion of weapons, hardware, humvees, vision technology, and ammo for others to steal and possibly use against us. Imagine it's all part of a plan, to take us down, it looks like to me. :confused:

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I have now seen that the Chinese have sent a small naval task force to the area. It visited Oman, then set sail again to parts unknown. It is supposed to be there to protect Chinese shipping in the area, but it adds yet another layer of complexity to the scene. I also naively didn't realize that Commander Sixth Fleet, a vice admiral is aboard his flagship, the Whitney and is now in command of all U.S. forces in the area. I didn't think they would put such a high-ranking officer at risk there, but that was naïve of me. It may be that he will be commanding operations north into the Black Sea as well. I don't think we have had a fleet commander on scene since Vietnam, but it may have taken place in Iraq. That was largely a land operation though, so I don't know.

Jake Smith likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

United States foreign policy seems to be one of arming both sides of any conflict, then pretending that we want to be the peacemakers.

7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I think it has been that way for a long time.

Jake Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Multiple conflicts with multiple players some with assets in harms way, and it's only a matter of time before an asset is accidentally hit, and here we go again.

Then there was the Gulf of Tonkin:

In early August 1964, two U.S. destroyers stationed in the Gulf of Tonkin in Vietnam radioed that they had been fired upon by North Vietnamese forces. In response to these reported incidents, President Lyndon B. Johnson requested permission from the U.S. Congress to increase the U.S. military presence in Indochina.

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.
  9. Jake Smith

Registered

Nicholas Burns, the U.S. ambassador to China, told Bloomberg Television on Thursday the United States and China had differing views on the Israel-Hamas war.

"We do not have identical views on this particular position," Burns said when asked whether he saw the Mideast tensions as a chance to improve Sino-U.S. ties.

'ROOT CAUSES'
    The crisis has put China and Russia in separate camps from the United States. President Joe Biden said he would seek extra funding, estimated to be in the billions, to help Israel fight Hamas.

Russia, which has ties with Iran, the Hamas militant group, major Arab powers as well as with the Palestinians and Israel, has repeatedly said the United States and the West have ignored the need for an independent Palestinian state within 1967 borders.

A Brazil-drafted U.N. Security Council resolution that called for a humanitarian ceasefire failed to pass on Wednesday, with the United States vetoing the resolution. A Russian-drafted resolution that called for a humanitarian ceasefire also failed to pass on Monday.

"The biased attitude of the U.S. is one of the root causes of the long-standing Palestine issue, and it acts as a catalyst for escalating the conflict when it erupts," China's nationalist tabloid, Global Times, wrote in an editorial.

In Qatar, Zhai said China was ready to maintain communication and coordination with Russia in an effort to calm the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

The tiny Gulf state of Qatar has been an essential stopover for foreign diplomats including U.S. State Secretary Antony Blinken seeking to mediate in the Israel-Gaza conflict in recent days, having direct communication channels with Hamas, which has had a political office in Doha for more than a decade.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china...d-east-crisis-chinese-state-media-2023-10-20/

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Exactly! The U.S. is the only one involved on three fronts--Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan. Each of the opponents--Russia, Iran, and China--only have to fight one war. We have to fight three with a military smaller than any of the three opponents, although we spend more money and support more bases that the three combined (probably).

Ed Wilson and Jake Smith like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Plus, we pay for the repairs.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Jake Smith

Registered

20 trucks arrive in Gaza, but aid groups say it's not enough.

CAIRO, Egypt — Trucks carrying humanitarian aid passed from Egypt into Gaza on Saturday for the first time since Israel’s attacks on Gaza began. With Gazans’ access to water, food, and power cut off by Israel, the aid that entered Saturday — food and medical supplies but no fuel — was not enough to relieve the steadily worsening humanitarian crisis, groups on the ground said. At a global summit in Cairo, Arab countries condemned the killing of civilians in Gaza and called for a peace process, while the United Nations reiterated appeals for a cease-fire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/21/israel-news-hamas-war-gaza-updates/

Saturday morning in Gaza, the State Department made an announcement: “We have received information that the Rafah border crossing between Gaza and Egypt will open on Saturday, 21 October at 10 a.m. local time. If the border is opened, we do not know how long it will remain open for foreign citizens to depart Gaza.”

By the day’s end, the first 20 trucks of humanitarian aid entered Gaza from Egypt, but no U.S. citizens or any other Palestinians and dual nationals were allowed to leave.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

I believe very little of what I read or hear on the mainstream news because this is too political an issue and they are far too dishonest to get anything right.

Denise Evans and Ed Wilson like this.
  14. Jake Smith

Registered

Same here, I don't trust too many of them to tell the truth, especially the liberal ones like CNN, MSNBC, or the Washington Post. I do kind of trust Reuters, Sky News, and some of the more conservative ones. But what I'm putting up is on topic and I figured you can learn a little about what's happening over there, by reading between the lines. If it's a problem with you, I won't do it.

Let me know.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  15. Ken Anderson

Of course, it's not a problem. I just offered an opinion.

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.