Winter Weather

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Bill Boggs, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Man on Man! it is like summer here and I ran air conditioning for two days. Not a single drop of rain so far. There was a time when I thought this area got a lot of rain but the past several years that has shifted and it seems to go north and south of us. We get those extreme cold fronts but the rain is what I miss.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

77° here today, over 80° tomorrow, then it's not gonna get out of the mid 40s on Wednesday. I got crocuses comin' up, the optimistic little buggers...early May is the safe planting date when the risk of frost is gone.

Thomas Stillhere and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Last Sunday 82F. Record high for the date.
    This morning 22F. Almost a record low (21F).

Some Bradford pears came out in blossom early and got traumatized.
    Some early lawn weeds also got zapped. :)

4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

High 20s last night, I forgot to drip my front faucet so I jumped up about 6am and ran into the front to check and it wasn't frozen so I turned it on drip and ran back to bed. The neighbors cat checked in some time last night and came into the room and ate his dinner sometime after 12. This morning I was sitting here playing a game and he came in expecting to eat again, he did that two times in two hours. I guess the next time he comes in I will go ahead and feed him again. I like his mouse patrol so he earns his warm sleeping place and the food. His owner told me the other day he hasn't been coming home lately, I told her he slept over here with me when it was cold and rainy out. heh

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

After most of the snow was gone, we got 6-8 inches yesterday, with an overnight low of +13. :( Probably won't break freezing today -- BUT 54 and partly sunny tomorrow. :D

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Above 40 F. for the first time in a while, but down to 20 F. this morning. A friend at church told me the sun peeked above the mountain behind her house this morning--a sure sign of spring.

7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

A couple days earlier in the week that were down to 0 F. but things have warmed since then to more normal for this time of year--nights in the mid to high 20s and days in the 30s. Snow was predicted for yesterday but did not materialize. The greenhouses that are clear of snow have warmed nicely, and wife has onions going in one. I usually plant lettuce and spinach at this time of year, but I have been unable to reach the big greenhouse on a consistent basis as the snow is too "punchy" for those of you who have lived in winter climes. Snowshoes might work, but those are sooooo hard for an old man.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's been in the 60s here today.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Low 70's, but the best part... humidity 29%!!

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Nope. Winter is coming back for a couple of days. I only have one very thick quart of syrup done and the sap stopped running. I guess the trees know they need to wait a bit. It was 60 and 50ish the last couple of days. Now it is drizzling with the threat of 3 inches or more of snow tonight.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

+8 F. this morning, so it is a bit nippy again. It is predicted to be this way through the weekend at least. I guess that will slow down the snow melt. Bright and sunny, though.

Mary Stetler likes this.