Wise Members: Banking Wealth And Unclaiimed Monies

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Joy Martin, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The banks are simply the middlemen. They're not directly involved with your utilities. If you believe that you're being cheated by a utility, being able to read the meter yourself is a way to catch them, determine whether you have a leak, or figure out what the problem is. To be sure, it's not unheard of that someone would be cheated, inadvertently or on purpose, by a utility company, but the problem wouldn't be with the bank.

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Joy Martin If you are renting or leasing, contact the owner and tell them you think it is possible you have a leak. They should be concerned because gas pockets can build underground and finally when ignited blow up an entire block. It has happened!!!!

Ken Anderson and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I have talked to neighbors, relatives and friends and most have gotten $100's in increases....No mistake in reading .. no doubt part of the Reset Scheme in our country and world.

I hear it all over my radio, do You hear what I am hearing?

I have talked to all in my bldg and neighbors and it's the same...good lord I'm not making this crap up.

And I'm not blaming the bank but they are helping me. My money comes out of my bank account. Thank goodness for them Right Now. So Cal does NOT answer their phones for over 2 weeks now. Does anyone hear or read what I've been saying???????

Understanding friends like I'm reading here, who needs Enemies...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  4. Joy Martin

Registered

Oh Ken I was NOT born yesterday. I know the bank's part and the gas company's part...

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, of course. I should have known better.

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

As high as a 300% raise in natural gas has been reported in California. Natural gas prices are dropping in all other states, but California is gouging its customers. I apologize @Joy Martin for not checking this out. If your bill was $30 and now $194, then that is over a 600% raise, and the highest I can find being reported.

With that said, please be aware if the gas company confirms to your bank that the charge is correct, then your bank will have no choice but to reinstate the $194 charge. If that overdraws you then the bank will gouge you hefty overdraw fees for every transaction over. That could amount to hundreds.

Good news for you is in the works. Just make sure in the mean time you don't get any overdrawn charges.

Newsom said the state will be issuing natural gas credits to customers, in the amount of anywhere from $90 to $120 dollars. The money comes from the state's cap-and-trade energy program. Ratepayers don't need to do anything to apply for it. It will simply show up as a credit on your bill.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/newsom-wants-investigation-into-soaring-natural-gas-costs-in-california

The Calif. Gas Co. is blaming out-of-state companies for gouging them. Newson nor none of the Democrats will admit that this is a result of the bad corrupt government in California. They won't develop more natural gas wells or nuclear power plants, they oppose pipelines, then they cry about having to buy gas and electricity from other states at high prices, prices they have to pass along to their customers.

My advice is to move out of that corrupt fascist state. It will only get worse. Don't blame the gas company, blame your corrupt tofu-loving, green vomit-brained, whacko liberal government that doesn't know jack about the environment and has destroyed that state with radical unicorn idealisms.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  7. Joy Martin

Registered

All these Gas Hikes are a major Piece of the Getting People off their gas appliances and on to the electric stuff, and grid is already taxed and can't handle more.....are we Doomed????? Most of the big stuff starts in CA and spreads across the country. Hence getting the 40Million in CA hiked up on their gas bills........ Wake Up People.....

I'm not moving from my home state of going on 60 yrs. people have got to get the Crooks OUT.....

Many young families and younger people and even I know 2 old folks who have moved to: Nevada and Texas and FL .... My family is not moving and neither am I.....

It takes a fight on Millions parts to make changes, so many D people are ASLEEP....in a DEEP SLEEP.....

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Until we moved to Ks in Dec. have not had a gas bill in 30 years. Ours was $235 which to me was outrageous. Electric bill $212. Never had that high of elec bill in the winter time. Waiting for the next bills in hopes they go down some.
    I do understand Joy's frustration, and her anger at the prices. Do think prices are gouged,but very little any of us can do. Not sure moving would help her at all, and altho CA. is not a favorite state , the expense alone is a killer..trust me.

9. Joy Martin

Registered

Hedi, I've had a good life in CA and heading to 60 yrs here. The utilities have always been fair and manageable....it's this Jan 2023 disaster and I can only say it's all related to the Reset that is going on since Covid...all connected.

when you say you have not had a gas bill, that must be because you've lived in electric homes.. My friend down the street from me has an all electric apt and her recent electric bill was I think she said $66 and her apt is a large 2 bedroom 2 bath apt. m She has no gas bills, she has no gas utilities.\

My electric bills are very low and I get credits from time to time, last one was for $44.21, I use electric for lighting and my radio and I do not watch tv so no costs there.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. Joy Martin

Registered

Where did you live prior to KS? Off the grid?

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We both are from Texas. Yes lived in apt all electric. 2brm 2 bath. Highest light bill ever in Texas was $200

12. Elle Lewis

Elle Lewis Member
    Registered

Once, a long time ago a random man called me and offered to help me claim unclaimed funds due me from a class action lawsuit against Apple Computer Financing. No money out of pocket up front, just a small fee for doing the work after the fact. This was before there were online databases to self-serve for this kind of thing. I was dubious but went along and wouldn't you know it, I got a check for nearly $700 and a $40 invoice for the finder's fee, which I paid via popping a check into the mail. Unclaimed funds is a thing but it's generally run by the state. If you have never searched for any in your name I definitely recommend you do so!

13. Joy Martin

Registered

Good on the $700, good stuff does happen..