Would You Donate Money To Worthy Causes If Run By Atheists?

Discussion in 'Atheism & Antitheism' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Going by the title alone... my answer was yes I would donate to a cause ran by atheist's depending on what their Cause would be. Just as I would donate to any Christian cause provided I was in agreement with their cause. There is no direct statement from any origination that I know of asking for whites to apologize.
    If and when the day comes I am lead to believe I must apologize for my being born white, is the day I learn to shoot with intent to eliminate .

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I guess the realized majority of their money comes from those whites they don't want around. According to polls [ if we can believe them ] most minorities don't give to many charities.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If a man tells his wife that he doesn’t love her any longer then the overwhelming assumption would be that the man is saying he wants a divorce.

In the case of the Salvation Army telling white people that we need to apologize lays in the undertones of the “guide to racism” produced by said charitable organization.
    In the guide, the word “white” appears 119 times in the context of the way we feel about POC and the way we treat POC and how many advantages we have compared to POC and does indeed indicate that at best we caucasians are systemic racists.

Whilst the actual wording of “white people must apologize to black people” doesn’t appear it leaves no other avenue other than to recognize our whiteness and be apologetic whether spoken or unspoken.
    In it’s very essence it’s CRT with a different label.

Now, would I contribute to the Sally over it’s new policies? I do not normally contribute to them anyway but if I felt that I should then I would.
    Whilst the Salvation Army is the richest organization of its kind in the entire world, the organization does feed, clothe and house people when they are needy and if a home burns to the ground they will even help with whatever physical resources they have like furniture, stove and bedding.
    And, even though I do not necessarily agree with the way they treat the Gospel, that wouldn’t stop me from contributing to them if, again, I felt that I should.

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

In 1968 I was in Ft.Benning Georgia VA Hospital with my aunt visiting her son my cousin injured in VN war.I was pg with my first child but she didn't want to make the trip alone.
    We spent more than we had and needed money for food so she went to SA and they refused to help us she had always donated to them but after that all she had for them was cuss words.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

How were you cooking the food, @Marie Mallery ? We’re you staying at a hotel that had a kitchenette for cooking ?

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

No we had a room on the base in the barracks I guess it was. I don't think it cost much at all to stay there. I'm sure it was offered to mothers not sure. But it was on base and had lots of buildings that looked like complexes best zI can remember. We walked to the VA Hospital

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

That is great ! So, you had an actual little apartment there, or just a room to sleep in ?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So asking for clarification makes me a "smarty pants?" If so, then yeah. I'm a smarty-pants. And kindly point me to where I was not "nice."

Marie Mallery and Faye Fox like this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't remember the room at all now. I do know it was hot and so was I. Not a fun trip but cousin was healing ok from pnemonia he got in jungle overthere. A bologna sandwich would have worked for us at the time.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

We did the same, and for the same reason.

Marie Mallery and Faye Fox like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, you know what they say about assuming. I'm one who tries not to make assumptions but wants things plainly stated.

I have occasionally tossed a few bucks into the kettle but it's usually because I feel sorry for the bell-ringer standing out in the cold. I don't really care about the SA one way or another, but I'd hate for them to fall victim to internet rumors.

Bobby Cole and Jo White like this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Which time? I was just letting you know and I'm not mad but didn't want you to keep letting me know things like putting up videos or off topic. But thats ok I forgive you and so happy your battle is over and hope to God its over for good. I'm new and opinionated some say to a fault . Forgive me if I upset you just didn't want it to get worse. And not going back over 1000 [post to show you.
    I'm ok with you Beth hope feeling is mutual.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I almost pulled the trigger when this was posted:

Adult content.jpg
    Amen, Sister.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It's sad to learn that the Salvation has become just another leftist social justice organization.

It's on their site, which makes it pretty clear. If that wasn't their agenda, they wouldn't have put it there.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

We did the same for a couple of them now its mostly small orgs we know are lejitimate.Hubby always donated thru his paycheck. Same for Christian Childrens Org we gave to but stopped 30 year ago. Maybe its safe now not sure.