Whats Your Opinion On Womens Rights?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I support women's rights but I believe both men and women should be able to gather in gender-specific groups. Now it seems women can gather but men cannot. Women's priorities are different from those of men. Men are more "big picture" and rule oriented, while women are detail and "care for people" oriented. Societies that are secure or safe become women-dominated, while those that are insecure or under fire are generally dominated by men. An example of this was the flip of Japan around 800 AD, which was a matriarchal society until the Chinese invaded the islands through Korea. Women went from rulers to virtual slaves in a short amount of time. Tibet was also matriarchal until China invaded, but they didn't have the luxury of time to switch. Anyway, my point is that societies in which women play a significant role are different from those exclusively masculine, but female-dominated societies generally collapse when attacked form outside while masculine societies endure longer but may be less pleasant places in which to live.

We can see this effect in many of the mainstream religions of today. As women play a more significant role, the churches are waning. This all may make some people angry, and for that I apologize.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I believe those downsides you mention (women can gather/men cannot, and female-led religion causing decline) largely exist because in our culture because these things have not occurred naturally or organically, they have been forced and created by agenda-driven people who seek to destroy. Biblical admonitions against female leadership of men aside (and there are valid reasons for this), a large part of this failure in churches and elsewhere is not because qualified women have risen to those roles, it is because unqualified women have been given those spots solely because they are female (California has a law mandating gender ratios on corporate boards.) In fact, the destroyers are eager to promote unqualified women and to repress the qualified. This is intentional so as to validate the lie that women are universally incompetent, while concurrently defying fair-minded people who have standards to say anything about specific unqualified females. Those who claim to be "diverse" are really the destructive bigots, and they overtly use those who they purport to be advocating. These bigots overtly turn things upside-down...elevating the incompetent and destroying those with genuine skills.

It is interesting to note that women being in charge of nations is not necessarily the cause of peaceful times, but it is the result of peaceful times. But this is how things are...once wars have been won and our towns are safe, the soldiers and cops we cried out to for help are now persona-non-grata who we now blame for the original conflict (no different than a child/parent interaction.)

I try to remember on all these apparent issues of conflict that the things we are told others believe is not likely an accurate representation. Perceptions caused by the media (and others) rarely comport with our real-life observations and interactions with each other.

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL she who rocked the cradle use to rule the world ,but then we abandoned the cradle and the world feel apart with the cradle. We use to sit at home play bridge and care for kids ,now those liberal fools put us to work and took us away from our kids.
    So as fate would have we all end up abandoned in our own nursery aka assisted by strangers. Guess what goes around comes around.
    Same with men who have to compete with us for jobs,and the kids don't have much of a father figure at home.
    I think they main problem was communist in our mist like Joe McCarthy warned us about.
    We come a long way baby, heart attack, lung cancer and addictions to prescription drugs.
    How many of us really benefitted , only a 'chosen' few have those big jobs and rights we were promised.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yep the good ol days when we could wait for nightfall and sew your butt up in the sheets if you misbehaved,Even try to get out of sewed up sheet? You can't.It was better than what my co-worker at GM recommended. She said she could catch me a couple rattlers to tie to gas pedal. I didn't want to kill the SOS aka son of satan SOB.:eek:.

John Brunner and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have preached many times that the home has two main components which are the head and the heart.
    As an example, the human body doesn’t have two heads or two hearts. We have one of each and each one has a job to do whilst at the same time they function together.
    It’s the same thing with a man / woman relationship. The relationship cannot stand successfully when there are two heads or two hearts.

Biblically, when we read Psalms 31, we see the importance of women and what they do and the honor we as men are supposed to have for the heart of the family. Meanwhile, according to the Psalm, the man is at the city gate doing business with the other men.
    Note: The example of a human body goes forward when we see that the human heart has it’s own “brain” and takes few commands from the brain one possesses in one’s head. Still, they work together to maintain a healthy body.

Sad to say it but most families nowadays have either 2 hearts, 2 heads or 1 heart with no head or one head with no heart.

Now how does this all pertain to the church? When the natural head refuses to do his job or cannot do his job then the natural heart has to take over.
    At some point, the heart has to relinquish it’s position and become the head…..with no heart and such a thing cannot exist for long without becoming an abomination.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

That works great for most couples but sometimes one has to act like a fool and needs some extra correction. :D.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Women have always been the center of civilization and they carry the society onward. Men are more dispensable. That is why men in the past have been the hunters and the warriors and the women maintain the home and society. Men's role is really (IMO) to be enablers for women to fulfill their roles.

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Good point.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. John Brunner

One thing that saddened me about "The Sexual Revolution" was dragging everyone down to the same level...specifically women. No one tried to elevate the purported universal cliche behaviour of men, they just told women that "you can behave that way, too," as though jettisoning morals were some lofty goal. Of course, self-debasement was really the intent of the whole thing. Funny how none of these movements calls on us to "be better" as individuals.

That's an interesting take on what men's roles are supposed to be. That's counter to the position that women are there to support men in the men's careers and aspirations as the men do what needs to be done for the family unit to [literally] survive. For some reason, this brings the juxtaposition of "doing" and "being" to mind, but I'm not certain why.

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I believe that is part of the attack on women and the family as a unit. Part of the Progressive Agenda is to destroy the family unit so the children can be taught "the right way to think" with out morals and religion corrupting the way they look at things.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree and its been in the works for a long time. All of us were affected or infected by it in some way or another. I know I was.
    It was fast forwarded in the early 60s. We lost our moral compass. And unlike WW11 we didn't get it back after the war VNam War.
    Like the Frenchman said America is great because America is good, if America ever ceases to be good it will also cease to be great.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The Catholic Church forbids women to be priests nor priests to marry. I wondered about that, not that I wanted to be a priest, but generally, Just why? Hubby said it was that if priests married, they would have family to support and leave money to. Church did not want to lose control of even that little bit of wealth.

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Women should get same pay for same work IMHO. But women's lib has broken up the family. We now HAVE to have two incomes if wife can't stay home to to take care of the kids AND have some HIGH standard of living. Although, I thought it wierd that women would not have the stress of juggling work and home if they did not have to have competent child care, a maid, pre-made meals... I never wanted it all. I don't know how people have families now.
    Guess they can just plug their kids into an electric device where a mom was before.

14. John Brunner

In my day, they called that "television." ;)

15. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Equal pay for equal jobs. Equal rights under the law.