Whats Your Opinion On Womens Rights?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We called it the yard, tech free.:D I never could stand a TV on in the day time.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Originally the celibate priesthood was directed toward Bishops as they thought of themselves as princes and often were real princes, so they believed they should be able to pass their see to their offspring. Not being able to have offspring--at least legitimate ones--would prevent that, and since in theory any priest could become a bishop, the entire priesthood was made celibate. As I understand it, the Orthodox Church addressed the same problem in a different manner. Everyone other than parish priests are to be celibate. Parish priests can marry and have children, but if they do so they are barred from advancing in the church. Not having a family certainly is an advantage in not having to pay them enough to support a family but was not the original reason for the Papal edict. Celibacy is not a part of Canon Law, so it could be reversed by any Pope who chose to do so, and there are a few married priests who were married clergy who converted to Catholicism, and I have know a couple.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Don I'm not so sure about that though. Its because men made it possible for women to be able to do their jobs more easily.
    I think we need each other to survive. I don't want a woman in menopause being my pilot or heart surgeon.:eek:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Registered

Don thats just un-natural, no wonder so many priest and nuns get in trouble.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m a person who generally believes in live and let live

However I find the younger generation of women taking over what was once mens only sports / football / Cricket
    . …..Women’s Rights ….to play male sports …Nah don’t agree on that level …...I guess I’m just way to old fashioned :p

We have woman's AFL football players who get into all the rough tackling / pushing / running that was only seen in
    Mens top teams football matches.

There is allot of evidence around now days how many men who played league football are now suffering from early dementia / memory loss/ mental health issues ,so in the future I’m sure there will be many women with similar Heath issues putting a strain on our already buckling Heath system.

While glancing at a match hubs was watching recently I made the comment at seeing just how rough they were
    playing it makes me wonder if many of them will have any trouble with breast cancer in the future.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Women's rights might could have been taken care of thusly- all men and women should be created equally.
    ;) I am speaking of actual natural born females :)

7. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I can honestly say that I've never had a problem with my rights.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

I agree. Remember the 'Virginia Slims' commercial on tv back in the 60s. we sire came a long way all right, dying of lung cancer and COPD ,heart attacks we caught up with the men.

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yup. Notice that none of this stuff ever elevates anyone.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thats right and we should have stopped while we were ahead. These liberal silly women put us to work too. We had to leave our kids with strangers to work after the husbands left us they no longer had to support the kids either thanks to it going too far. I'm all for rights for women but not if it tears apart families and protects sorry men.
    Nothing will ever change the male and female differences no matter how many laws they pass, women are from Venice full of emotions and men are from Mars full of ambition. It works out ok since we nurture and they work and provide. I think we threw the baby out with the bath water,so to speak.

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

At the present time in the U.S., women have one more right than men do. There is no right that a man has that a woman doesn’t have but a woman can choose to get pregnant or not which is one that a man will never have.

Although, I guess in order to make men feel more significant, the PC folks decided that when a man’s wife is with child then a man can say, “we are pregnant” so maybe men have that other “right” too.

NOT !

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Lois I didn't either till I married and the free sex thing came out. So it was easy for men to do what men have to fight from doing to begin with. A Jazabell on every corner was just too much to resist I guess. My 5 years of marriage ended with 3 kids and his ended with 10 and this was while we were married, he went on to have more with the next victim. I know not all men like to cheat but most don't do so good with temptation. Plus all those dressed up women he now works with looking like something out of a fashion show while the wife is home expecting a child or haggard from kids and housework all day,like shes suppose to be the first few years,:p.[ Looks like I'm sabotaging my own case ] so far,but there is more to it.

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I would add freedom of assembly. You can have all-women's groups, but all-men's groups are taboo. There MUST be women in men's groups.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, I knew that when women started smoking cigars that men’s clubs were doomed.

15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The misnomer in the “free sex” thing is that it wasn’t meant to be free sex but free love as in, love is free to give. Love thy neighbor was never taken as seriously as it was during the hippy craze during the Vietnam War.
    Some folks, men and women alike and probably especially men, just took free love to mean free sex and of course took advantage of it.

That whole thing started the wife swapping thing and orgies and dunno what else besides an upswing in STD’s.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.