Whats Your Opinion On Womens Rights?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Marie Mallery, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I have every right that everyone/anyone has, I don't question that one.

3. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The wife provided DNA test results that showed he was the father. But she worked in a lab & fabricated the results. The judge did a new DNA test that proved he was not the father.
    Incredible. Wife should spend five years in prison.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Isn't there precedence that says a child is legally the responsibility of the man who is married to its mother, even if the child is proven to be another man's biological offspring? I read a stat once that said something like 10% of "fathers" are actually raising another man's child.

5. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Depends on the laws in that particular state.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

"Anyone can be a father. It takes someone special to be Daddy." I've always wondered why men or women who love their children must be forced by court order to support them.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that part of it is because of the ex-spouse. I know that my ex-husband wanted to help his kids, which he loved dearly, but was really angry because the ex-wife spent the money on gold jewelry for herself and her boyfriend, and didn’t buy anything for his girls.
    When we tried to explain that their dad had sent the money, they did n’t believe it because their mom said that he didn’t send money. After he got the VA disability, he sent her over $10,000 settlement, and she told the kids she didn’t get that either.
    Fortunately, I had bank records showing where we transferred the money to her, so the girls then realized that her dad was actually sending support money for them.

Often, what he did was give the girls money directly, and we took them shopping when they were at our house. This didn’t not count because it was money given to the children and not to the ex-wife, but it was the only way that he could be sure that the girls actually got what they needed for school or clothes, or whatever.
    Up until he passed away, he made sure that his daughters were taken care of to the best of his ability.